Forte's

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Outside mirror?

Post Thanks / Like

Outside mirror?

What is everyone doing for outside mirrors? The mirrors that came with #304 just won't work, I cant get them to adjust far enough in.

Thanks
    CVOBill
    MK2 #???? Delivered 11/2002, Finished and Titled 6/2003 5.0, T-5, 4-Link, Sold 3/2005
    Hot Rod #304 purchased 5/28/2017 from original owner Unassembled . Titled and plated 8/24/2017 Coyote,
    TKO, 3-Link, Heat, A/C, Electric Power Steering, Convertible top
    MK4 #9524 Picked up 1/18/19 306 Blueprint, T-5, 4-Link, Gas-N Pipes, Heater

Ol Skool
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm debating this also. on the drivers side I can mount the mirror forward on the cowl, but that's not visible on the passenger side. mounting on the doors works, but on a suicide door you jar the mirror every time you close it. the A pillar mount has room down low on the hard top, but either the door glass hits it or you cant see the blind spot on the passenger side (total eclipse of the mirror?) mounting on the upper part of the roof may work, but for me it makes a blind spot at intersections on the right side,. I'm looking for mirrors that hinge at both the mount end and the mirror end. Anything other than door mounting results in exit / entry impalement also. or head scarring. for the roadster windshield I would definitely get an aftermarket set that mounts on the window frame.
    Jury Hung...

PLATNUM Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    NAPA sells convex mirror that goes right on the FFR units and gives you the view you need. I do agree other mirrors may be a better option.

Post Thanks / Like
    I mounted my Hagan Fatties on the door - specifically so that I can see out the right side with the soft top side curtains in place. They are also completely out of the way when getting in or out of the car. The doors on my 33 close with a very satisfying little "thunk" and this does NOT jar the Hagan mirrors. These are super high quality convex mirrors which allow you to have no blind spots. For safety's sake, I cannot recommend them highly enough.
    "If everything seems to be coming your way, you're probably in the wrong lane."