Very Cool Parts

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Factory Five Spotted at Mt. Rushmore and Custer State Park yesterday

Post Thanks / Like

Factory Five Spotted at Mt. Rushmore and Custer State Park yesterday

A friend of mine spotted some Cobras in South Dakota yesterday at Mt. Rushmore and Custer State Park

Here are a couple of the photos that he sent me. Anybody we know? The Cars Look Great!!

Dave
    Mk 3.1 - #6882 - 5.0L 302 - FiTech EFI - 3-Link - 3.08 Ratio - 15" Wheels
    Greenhorn and doing the best I can
    My photos are at: My Flickr acct
    Videos are at: YouTube Videos

Post Thanks / Like
    I live in Custer and don't recognize any of these cars. No front license plates on any of them. -- Chuck

Post Thanks / Like
    The Mike High Cobra Club did a trip to the Black Hills, but that was July 26-30.
    My Build Thread: http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...ter-Build-9754
    (Most viewed Roadster build thread on this forum!)

Delivered: 6/17/2017
    First Start: 12/30/2017
    Completed: 12/7/2019
    Legal: 1/30/2020

Member of the Mile-Hi Cobra Club
    Dave's Cobra YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbk...npK1UZHj4R-bYQ
    Agora 1:8 Scale Cobra Build: https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...l-Build-Thread

Post Thanks / Like
    probably the ST Louis group

Post Thanks / Like
    Looks like some guys/gals were having fun...nice pics

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't recognize the cars, but will add if you ever have a chance to drive on Iron Mountain Road or Needles higway in that area. Do it! Those roads are awesome.
    Started dreaming of a Cobra around 1987
    Purchased Complete Kit 6/9/2017, Delivered 9/4/2017, Rolling Chassis 3/30/2018, Engine Dyno'ed 3/4/2022, Engine installed 8/27/2022
    Click here for my build thread
    Serial #9158
    Design Engineer at BluePrint Engines

Post Thanks / Like
    +1 on the Iron Mountain Road (we liked that better than Needles). Some of the best scenery we've seen on all our road trips. Wish I'd known you were in Custer, Chuck, might have tried for an invitation to visit your garage!

Post Thanks / Like
    I also live in the Custer area. Iron Mountain is a fantastic road. There are lots of interesting roads in the Hills.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DadofThree View Post
    A friend of mine spotted some Cobras in South Dakota yesterday at Mt. Rushmore and Custer State Park

Here are a couple of the photos that he sent me. Anybody we know? The Cars Look Great!!
    I'm getting blocked on the photos. However, the Gateway Cobra Club from St Louis was there from 8/20 through 8/26. Nine in all I think - MPTech, Purple Venom, Richgrsc, PaulProe, et al.
    I'm really disappointed I missed this one.

Bob

Post Thanks / Like
    I believe several of the cars were actually from the MACC, Mid America Cobra Club in Kansas City. I saw a picture with the face of the President of MACC along with the other not so famous Presidents.......I wish my car was finished so I could have joined them.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DadofThree View Post

Not sure who red with white stripe is. Unfinished black gel coat is Richgrsc. White with blue stripe is PaulProe. Maroon with silver is mplunk. Orange with silver is Purple Venom(or Orange Crush). Black with silver in second row might be Gracie (Ian).

Wish I was there.

Bob

Post Thanks / Like
    Some pics here on our Facebook page - https://www.facebook.com/pg/GatewayC...89165597897203

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by initiator View Post
    +1 on the Iron Mountain Road (we liked that better than Needles). Some of the best scenery we've seen on all our road trips. Wish I'd known you were in Custer, Chuck, might have tried for an invitation to visit your garage!
    If you make it up here again look me up.
    The Black Hills would be a fantastic place for a Cobra Rally. We already have Mustang, Corvette, Camaro, Studebaker, Tesla, Farm Tractors and the Motorcycle Rally. -- Chuck

Post Thanks / Like
    Chuck, the Texas Cobra Club will be in Deadwood this week. Look them up. Doubtful we will be back in the near future. We're looking to do something in 2019, but, will probably be in Colorado.
    DSC03011.jpg

DSC03029.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Venom View Post
    Chuck, the Texas Cobra Club will be in Deadwood this week. Look them up. Doubtful we will be back in the near future. We're looking to do something in 2019, but, will probably be in Colorado.
    DSC03011.jpg

DSC03029.jpg
    We are driving the roadster to Deadwood Sunday morning for Cool Deadwood Nights. Is your group already here? -- Chuck

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Sloggett View Post
    We are driving the roadster to Deadwood Sunday morning for Cool Deadwood Nights. Is your group already here? -- Chuck
    We left for home Friday morning. Had great time, good roads, wonderful scenery. Needles highway was good, but by far my favorite was Spearfish canyon, we ran it both ways.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Venom View Post
    DSC03011.jpg

DSC03029.jpg
    Any body know where in Deadwood they are staying? Are they planning time in the southern hills? If someone will contact me We will try to meet up. 605-440-1153 -- Chuck

Post Thanks / Like
    Any body know where in Deadwood they are staying? Are they planning time in the southern hills? If someone will contact me We will try to meet up. 605-440-1153 -- Chuck
    I had a friend of mine see them in Sturgis talked with them. Wanted to make it up there to see them but never got the chance. I'm in rapid city would like to meet up some time though. Mine is the blue and silver one not sure if you have seen it or which one you have.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JoshR84 View Post
    I had a friend of mine see them in Sturgis talked with them. Wanted to make it up there to see them but never got the chance. I'm in rapid city would like to meet up some time though. Mine is the blue and silver one not sure if you have seen it or which one you have.
    I don't think I have seen your car, Mine is Guardsman Blue/Wimbeldon White. Give me a call sometime. -- Chuck

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't think I have seen your car, Mine is Guardsman Blue/Wimbeldon White. Give me a call sometime. -- Chuck
    I think I have seen it driving before. Did you have it at the ford car show?
    IMG_3422.JPG

Post Thanks / Like
    IMG_3407.JPG
    Both pics are my car

Post Thanks / Like
    Great cruising up there! Iron Mountain Road FTW!
    Check out our crate engine offerings at www.factoryfiveengines.com
    Give us a call at 1.800.483.4263

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes