Midwest Classic Insurance

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Grand Rapids

Post Thanks / Like

Grand Rapids

Does anyone know the name of the gentleman in Grand Rapids, who has the Cobra collection ?

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm in Grand Rapids, MI. Tell me more about whom you are looking for. I have a FFR Challenge Car unassembled and have had 2 Superformance cars.

Don't know anyone who has a "collection". I do know the owner of CSX 3106. There's a GT40 in the area but the owner seldom shows it and hardly talks about it from what I understand.

Jim

Post Thanks / Like
    I read an Internet article featuring his collection of Shelby Cobras and all the memorabilia he had. He was a friend of Carroll Shelby and was often recommended by Carroll as a source of knowledge for the early Cobras.

While in Traverse City recently I thought I would visit his museum on my way back home. Couldn't find the story I had read, or any reference to it. So, a missed opportunity.

Post Thanks / Like
    No idea but I'll ask around. Now I'm curious.

Post Thanks / Like
    I would appreciate it. Another trip to Traverse City is planned, and I would like to make the stop in Grand Rapids.

John T.

Post Thanks / Like
    I wonder if your referring to Lynn Parks, he is in California, npt sure what city, but southern Cal.. Carrol used to refer people to Lynn as he has a few that are as original as it gets. One is even called "Dirtbag" because of it's tatty condition. Lynn has a bunch, maybe 18 or so?

Post Thanks / Like
    Appreciate the Info on Mr. Parks. It will be interesting to research his collection. I've confirmed there is a collection in Michigan.

I'll keep looking.

Thanks, John T.

Post Thanks / Like
    I've spoken to a few friends, guys well connected to the local car culture. None knew of a collection of Cobras in the area.

There are a few original cars but none in a collection accessible to the general public. The Gilmore Museum had an original but I'm not sure it's still there.

There are many collections in the Detroit area but again accessibility to a private collection is usually difficult.

I hope you find what you're looking for, if it's here I'd sure like to know where.

Jim

Post Thanks / Like
    I heard about this a few years ago. I will have to do some asking around and see if any of my friends remember it.

Post Thanks / Like
    I'll let you know if I the details.

Thanks, John T.

Post Thanks / Like
    Correction. I'll let you know if I FIND the details.

John T.