Boig Motorsports

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Dash Indicator Lights

Post Thanks / Like

Dash Indicator Lights

The Red/Green/Blue lights that come with the kit don't get used if you have the vintage gauge set? I've seen vintage sets with the lights installed? The build manual states, "The factory Five Vintage gauges have built-in indicator lights so the large dash mounted ones included are not necessary" and right below this it shows a picture of the vintage gauge set with the lights installed in the padded dash, confused?
    MK4 #9121 - Complete kit - Stroked 351, T5x, 3.55 Rear End, 3-Link - Pickup 6/17/17, 1st start 12/2/17, Go-Kart 12/9/17, Road Worthy 4/27/18

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I'm getting ready to dive into wiring my dash. The question i have is since i'm using Russ Thompson's turn signal, do I still wire it as I would with the old indicator lights or has something new been done?

Post Thanks / Like
    The turn signal and high beam indicator lights built into the speedo is a very recent addition. The manual is probably not updated. You will wire them just the same except now they all have one common ground with the speedo. My kit shipped just befor the change. I sent my speedo back to Speedhut and they added the indicator lights for $70ish.
    Mk IV #8901 - Complete kit, Coyote, TKO-600, IRS. Ordered 5/23/16, Delivered 7/14/16, First Start 8/13/17, First Go-Kart 10/22/17, Registered and Completed 10/18/18. Build Thread: http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...V-Coyote-Build Graduation Thread: https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...-Roadster-8901

Post Thanks / Like
    I mounted and wired the indicator lights before I realized I also had them in the Speedometer, so both are wired together. Dash lights up like a Christmas tree with four way flashers on!