Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Race Report - Limerock Aug 25-26, 2017

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like

Race Report - Limerock Aug 25-26, 2017

Winner winner chicken dinner! 2 races, 2 wins.

Had such a great time at Limerock with NASA NorthEast August 25-26 (Friday/Saturday) since there is no racing at Limerock Sunday. The weather was perfect the whole weekend, low 70’s and sunny. NASA got thrown a curve ball by the race track officials last minute saying there can not be any racing Friday due to town/track agreements that was suddenly getting enforced, so NASA shuffled the schedule around making it possible to have qualifying Friday, and two races Saturday. The same weekend I also signed up for Time Trials (which funny enough were able to run both days without issue as it isn’t considered racing.)

Friday first couple of sessions were warm-up, on super old 245 Hoosier tires. I had some tuning to do to the chassis as the car being run as low as possible was too low for Limerock, under compression going up the hill it would bottom out the frame. Raised the car, changed front springs to try to induce more rear grip, and also added spring rubbers in the springs all around to stiffen the whole car. All those changes worked well. I brought with me 2 full sets of tires that needed to get scrubbed in, so first new set on the car for Time Trial session #2 I slowly build up speed getting the tires up to temp and the last lap set a flyer! that lap turned out to be 56.313 and end up winning the TT2 time trial class Friday.

I am finally getting used to the car, and with the brakes now fixed (changed the rotors to full floating Stoptech) confidence in the car is back. Later Friday the qualifying session I managed to squeeze out a 56.691 putting me first in ST2, and will start 2nd overall next to a prototype car, Ligier JS49 in the SU class (pic above.) Adrian Wlostowski in his Corvette starts p2, 3rd overall in ST2 (his first time at Limerock running 57.588), Alan Cohen p3, John Gatzemyer p4, and Doug Winston p5 having issues with his car.
    Last edited by johngeorge; 08-28-2017 at 06:10 AM.
    ***SOLD!!! - NASA ST2 FFR#48 Gen3 Type65 Coupe R, Street legal.***
    ***SOLD!!! - NASA ST2 FFR#48 Challenge Car rolling chassis, Street legal.***
    http://johngeorgeracing.com