Boig Motorsports

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Update on outside mirrors

Post Thanks / Like

Update on outside mirrors

After looking around at mirrors on the web and going to Summit Racing in Akron to look at what they had. I decided to talk to the guys at Hagan Auto and ordered their "Fatties Ovals" with 6MM adapters to fit my arms for the outside and "Fatties Rectangle" with the glue on adapter for the windshield. I have the outside mirrors on and plan on gluing on the windshield mount this weekend (but holding it up in front of the stock mirror shows great improvement). I've got about 50 miles on the car with these mirrors and couldn't be any happier. These mirrors are much easier to see with and have more side to side adjustment. I strongly recommend these for the 33 Hot Rod.

IMG_7503.JPGIMG_7504.JPGIMG_7505.JPG
    CVOBill
    MK2 #???? Delivered 11/2002, Finished and Titled 6/2003 5.0, T-5, 4-Link, Sold 3/2005
    Hot Rod #304 purchased 5/28/2017 from original owner Unassembled . Titled and plated 8/24/2017 Coyote,
    TKO, 3-Link, Heat, A/C, Electric Power Steering, Convertible top
    MK4 #9524 Picked up 1/18/19 306 Blueprint, T-5, 4-Link, Gas-N Pipes, Heater

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Bill,

Beautiful mirrors but a friendly warning for you. The mirrors move pretty much every time you close the door. Others have recommended and I concur to put the mirrors on the cowl just in front of the doors.

Henry

Post Thanks / Like
    Henry,

Thanks for the warning but the adjustment is pretty stiff and haven't moved so far. I'm putting a convertible top on with side curtains so they have to go on the door to see them. My other concern was them getting hit getting in and out of the car and passengers using them to help get in and out of the car.
    CVOBill
    MK2 #???? Delivered 11/2002, Finished and Titled 6/2003 5.0, T-5, 4-Link, Sold 3/2005
    Hot Rod #304 purchased 5/28/2017 from original owner Unassembled . Titled and plated 8/24/2017 Coyote,

Ol Skool
    Post Thanks / Like
    Looks nice Bill. I gave in and moved mine to the doors with a convex added to the passenger side for now. I may go with Fatties later. The biggest problem I had on either the cowl or the A pillar of the hard top was getting in or out with the car on the trailer. Even with the trailer fenders down I cant get the door open and squeeze by the goose neck. Just have to educate passengers that the door latch works without a wind up and slam approach! I also lowered my rear window fiberglass 1/2" in between the seat backs which for my seat position lets me give a quick blind spot check. With Kirkey's the rear view is almost useless.

Post Thanks / Like
    Henry,

The Hagan mirrors are EXTREMELY well-built pieces. I used the Hagan arms instead of adapters, and installed them on my doors for the same reasons Bill did. I also concur with Bill that they DON'T move or lose adjustment even when a noob slams the door.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "If everything seems to be coming your way, you're probably in the wrong lane."

Post Thanks / Like
    Bill,

Off topic question, but did you get your windshield chrome plated or polished? Looks good

Post Thanks / Like
    DarthTedious, the grill and windshield are chrome plated.
    CVOBill