Hi Everyone
I am brand new to the forum but have been thinking about building a GTM for some time now. There is nothing wrong with the V8's ofcourse (Mercury Racings SB 7.0 V8 looks a great choice) but I've always wondered about a V12 or 12 cylinder in a W formation for the GTM.

The engine bay is limited for space and the V8's are already a tight fit from what I've read on my research, so a V12 would probably be impossible without stretching the chassis and bodywork...very expensive and time consuming I imagine. But Audi's 6.3 litre W12 engine is actually smaller in dimensions than its V8 engine...perhaps that would be a possibility to work with the stock GTM chassis and body.

So I am just asking for opinions...I would be going for custom engine management as I am sure the Audi engine's stock management is very much integrated with the rest of the Audi car.

And just out of curiosity, has anyone installed or are installing a Mercury Racing SB 7.0 litre? I am hoping to start building a GTM very late 2017 or early 2018 and this looks to be a great forum with plenty of expertise and help available!

Thanks very much for any opinions or infomation
Sam (Sydney, Australia)