BluePrint Engines

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: 1997 cobra engine heater inlet outlet

Post Thanks / Like

1997 cobra engine heater inlet outlet

I am running a 97 cobra engine and I am installing the FFR heater. I am able to locate the inlet and outlet for the hoses on the back of the engine but I do not know which is which. If any knows the answer it would be greatly appreciated so I can finished running the hoes.

Thanks
    Craig

Post Thanks / Like
    On my 04 Mach 1 motor, the supply comes off of the back side of the passenger head and the return is hard piped under the intake manifold back to the pump.
    Mark IV -- 04 Mach1 Donor -- 4.6 DOHC -- TKO 600 -- 3:55 Gears -- 3 Link - Hydroboost PS & PB -- 13" PBR's Front & 11.65's Rear -- Cuesta Wiring -- Thompson Signals -- FFR Radiator, heater, wipers, and catalytic converters -- Metco DS safety loop -- Forte 7/8" front bar -- VPM 3/4" rear bar -- Champ road race pan -- Corbeau A4 Seats -- Nitto NT-05's on 17 x 9's.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Walt, in the FFR manual there is a heater delete hose. Can I assume those two points are the inlet and outlet? If so do you know which is which?

Post Thanks / Like
    I could not locate that section in my manual, but on my engine, the inlet to the heater is pointed straight up off of the back of the passenger head and the outlet from the heater enters the return at a 90 degree piping connection attached to the back of the drivers side head. So, the passenger side connection is inlet and drivers side connection is outlet.
    Mark IV -- 04 Mach1 Donor -- 4.6 DOHC -- TKO 600 -- 3:55 Gears -- 3 Link - Hydroboost PS & PB -- 13" PBR's Front & 11.65's Rear -- Cuesta Wiring -- Thompson Signals -- FFR Radiator, heater, wipers, and catalytic converters -- Metco DS safety loop -- Forte 7/8" front bar -- VPM 3/4" rear bar -- Champ road race pan -- Corbeau A4 Seats -- Nitto NT-05's on 17 x 9's.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Walt, here is a picture of the page.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a 98 Cobra and can confirm the above is correct. Picture will not load, sorry.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by cfriedman67 View Post
    Hi Walt, here is a picture of the page.
    The picture has the hose connected to the two points I have been referring to. The connection on the passenger side is the supply/inlet to the heater and the connection on the drivers side is the return/outlet from the heater to the engine. Connect the hose as shown and you will be fine.