Midwest Classic Insurance

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Pray for us here in Florida. Irma looks very mad!

PLATNUM Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Pray for us here in Florida. Irma looks very mad!

Please keep us in Florida in your prayers. I have battened down everything and most likely leave if it is CAT 4-5 coming to my area. Best of luck and God Bless all in Irma's path.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Yikes. Right now it looks like a Cat 4 when it makes landfall. What is your topography? Are you staying or leaving?

FFR 5369 Pin Drive, IRS, Trigos, Torsen, Wilwoods, FMS BOSS 302 "B" cam , Mass-flo. CA SB100 (SPCN) Registered
    Delivered 4/23/06. "Finished" 4/2012 (still not done!)

Post Thanks / Like
    stay safe. I was supposed to be flying down on Friday morning

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by David Hodgkins View Post
    Yikes. Right now it looks like a Cat 4 when it makes landfall. What is your topography? Are you staying or leaving?
    If it supposed to hit where I live as a 4 or 5 I am heading to a friends in Birmingham, AL. If not I am staying home. I am in the center of the State so usually only see tropical force winds here.

Post Thanks / Like
    I am in Punta Gorda, West Coast between Ft Meyers and Sarasota. It's not looking good. I'm staying unless told to leave. My wife and I are packing what we would need for a week or so and heading to family in NC if forced to leave. Gathering all important documents and things I don't want destroyed. Taking pictures for insurance reasons just in case. I'll park the Cobra in the middle of the garage and cover it and hope for the best. It's insured, but still, I want this storm out to sea.
    Edit: This storm will most likely have an impact on the entire South East and Mid-Atlantic states. Thoughts and prayers to everyone in Irma's path.
    Last edited by mburger; 09-05-2017 at 05:51 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Praying for all of our Florida families. Stay safe.
    MK4 delivered 2/24/2017. Complete kit #9023,IRS, Power Steering, Leather, heater, 17" wheels, sway bar ft & rr, tremec 600 and Gordon Levy Racing SBF 427. First start and go kart 8/19/2017. Graduated 1/15/2018
    MK4 #9230 complete kit delivered 1/27/2018. IRS, PS, leather, Tremic 600, SBF 427. Graduation 10/15/2018
    MK3 #5253 donor bought unfinished. SBF 331, T5 Trans.

Master Builder
    Post Thanks / Like
    My one daughter lives in Orlando but shes not home she is on a cruise ship with my other daughter. They have been told to make plans to stay on ship an extra day. And as daughter not home cant even put up her storm shutters.

Kenny

Steve >> aka: GoDadGo
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Camp Go-Dad-Go Is On Board & Praying For The Great State Of Florida!
    We ate lunch in your beautiful state today and Alabama at the Florabama Grill & Lounge.
    May God Bless You All!

Ol Skool
    Post Thanks / Like
    Never wait to leave! I was one of the last off a peninsula during Floyd because all the Hurricane routes Failed!! I tip toed across the last bridge watching the water rise as I drove. It went from just a sheet across the road to hitting the passenger side door as I crossed the end of a reservoir. My wife has never forgot that and doesn't let me forget it. I left my cuda setting up on blocks and the water got up to the rims. Fortunately the trash line was 3 inches below my floor joist on the house. Pumps failed on underpasses, power was out for 3 days. I came home and the next block over was ripping out carpets and stacking furniture on the curb. I'm at 1400' elevation now. Gave up the flatlander and swamp life.

Good luck and stay safe all.

Post Thanks / Like
    Prayers for all my Southern brothers - especially those directly in the path of this one. Stay safe and get out if you can.
    Later,
    Chris

"There are no more monsters to fear, and so, we have to build our own."
    Mk3.1 #7074

Post Thanks / Like
    Another year, another hurricane, same routine. Pack up the "To go emergency kit", stay at a hotel for 1-3 days depending on how the hurricane is. Hope and pray for the best, that there is a home to come back to, and if not, deal with it, God always has a plan

My thoughts and prayers for all of those who may be affected by Hurricane Irma as well as those that have been affected by Harvey. For us and those who believe in Jesus, religion etc. and yes even those that don't. May God protect and bless you during this hardship, God always has a plan

David

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks to all for the well wishes,we are praying for an easterly movement.I have too many family members to take care of to leave, batten down hatches and riding it out. The price to pay for living in paradise in south Fl. I guess.

Post Thanks / Like
    I work from home in Texas but my company is on Pompano Beach. They were told to expect a mandatory evacuation tomorrow. Good luck to all down there..
    James

FFR33 #997 (Gen1 chassis, Gen2 body), license plate DRIVE IT says it all! build thread
    My build: 350SBC, TKO600, hardtop, no fenders/hood, 32 grill, 3 link, sway bars, 355/30r19
    Previous cars: GTD40, Cobra, tubeframe 55 Chevy, 66 Nova, 56 F100

Post Thanks / Like
    We are thinking about our friends in Florida. Texas took a hit and we hope you do not!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by erlihemi View Post
    Never wait to leave! I was one of the last off a peninsula during Floyd because all the Hurricane routes Failed!! I tip toed across the last bridge watching the water rise as I drove. It went from just a sheet across the road to hitting the passenger side door as I crossed the end of a reservoir. My wife has never forgot that and doesn't let me forget it. I left my cuda setting up on blocks and the water got up to the rims. Fortunately the trash line was 3 inches below my floor joist on the house. Pumps failed on underpasses, power was out for 3 days. I came home and the next block over was ripping out carpets and stacking furniture on the curb. I'm at 1400' elevation now. Gave up the flatlander and swamp life.

Good luck and stay safe all.
    Every region has it's terrors. I"m at 5600 feet in the Black Hills. Here it's FIRE. we do what we can to mitigate the risks. So far nothing has been close and I hope it stays that way.

Post Thanks / Like
    Looks like they are shifting this a little back to the west!! Not good!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Wow. The way the forecast looks now it could track right up the center of Florida.

NOT GOOD!

FFR 5369 Pin Drive, IRS, Trigos, Torsen, Wilwoods, FMS BOSS 302 "B" cam , Mass-flo. CA SB100 (SPCN) Registered
    Delivered 4/23/06. "Finished" 4/2012 (still not done!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by adubbelde View Post
    Every region has it's terrors. I"m at 5600 feet in the Black Hills. Here it's FIRE. we do what we can to mitigate the risks. So far nothing has been close and I hope it stays that way.
    I left Florida for AZ. Worst thing to happen out here is a dust storm. Oh no. Time to wash the car! I guess the flash floods can be treacherous, but most developed roads don't have a problem with that out here.

Post Thanks / Like
    Looks nasty. Stay safe!

Post Thanks / Like
    My hopes for all my Friends here in Florida. It still looks like a hit down the middle of FLorida. I am staying...
    Baghdad Bob

Complete Kit Delivered July 2010, serial @ 7287, Whitby Power Brakes, Whitby Tonneau, Power Steering w HEIDTS PS Valve, Hydralic clutch, 15" Wheels, BFG Tires, 331 stroker w Quick Fuel 650, RPM Heads, Air Gap Intake. IRS w 3.27, TKO-600. FFMETAL Firewall Forward, FFMETAL Dropped Battery Box in Trunk, Enlarged Passenger footbox, Breeze Cubby storage, Breeze Seat Brackets, Herbs Door Panels. Ford ruby red 12 coats.

Post Thanks / Like
    We are staying. We have food, water and insurance. Lol My neighbors have opened their homes to us if needed. My wife's car is on one side of the garage and the Barchetta is covered on the other side. I'll put a 2x6 vertically against the garage door and back my wife's car against it to help secure the garage door. I'll also secure the 2x6 so it can't fall. Hoping Irma loses some steam before the eye brushes past to our east. Hope everyone remains safe until Irma is a distant memory.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Stay safe Mark and the rest of us in the path of Irma. I have space if you need it Mark!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 65 Cobra Dude View Post
    Stay safe Mark and the rest of us in the path of Irma. I have space if you need it Mark!
    Thank you Henry! I think I'm good. Going to ride it out. Can't tell you how much I appreciate all of your help and friendship since I bought my Cobra. Hope you and your loved ones stay safe!

Post Thanks / Like
    From someone who works in Houston and has family and friends in Florida, I hope you all stay safe this weekend as Irma makes landfall. Record winds and 600mi wide, get ready for a bumpy ride. Harvey crushed Houston and corpus Christi

Post Thanks / Like
    We are in The Villages central Florida, Sumter County. Spent most of today continuing the tear down of my donor car, 2004 WRX.
    Already had the house prepared for Irma, got the insurance company numbers handi, a little beer, a little fireball, some wine, some brats, and hopefully won't have too much damage. We will see what things look like monday morning.

Post Thanks / Like
    I was prepared for the worst. Took pictures of every room and contents for insurance. Gathered all important documents into weather proof containers. We were in the path of the eye. Well the eye collapsed and it's over. No damage and no power loss here in Punta Gorda. I've learned who my friends are and the things I was concerned about I will address so I'm not concerned for the next hurricane. I'm glad you folks north of me are good as this storm has begun to break apart.

Post Thanks / Like
    Made it thru the hurricane fine . No damage, only lost power for 3 hours. Lost phone and internet for 3 days. Thank you God!

Post Thanks / Like
    Whew it was a rough ride here for a while,a small tornado hit and tore the yard up and the pool screen but no other damage thank god. No power for the last 4 1/2 days sucked but much better than our friends in the keys have to deal with. I hope all our other fellow Floridians made out ok.

Post Thanks / Like
    My family out in sarasota had a hurricane party. I wish they would have evacuated but I guess a party is the next best option?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by redline View Post
    My family out in sarasota had a hurricane party. I wish they would have evacuated but I guess a party is the next best option?
    We lost power for 5 days over here in Volusia county, east side of FLorida, no damage !
    Baghdad Bob

Complete Kit Delivered July 2010, serial @ 7287, Whitby Power Brakes, Whitby Tonneau, Power Steering w HEIDTS PS Valve, Hydralic clutch, 15" Wheels, BFG Tires, 331 stroker w Quick Fuel 650, RPM Heads, Air Gap Intake. IRS w 3.27, TKO-600. FFMETAL Firewall Forward, FFMETAL Dropped Battery Box in Trunk, Enlarged Passenger footbox, Breeze Cubby storage, Breeze Seat Brackets, Herbs Door Panels. Ford ruby red 12 coats.