Boig Motorsports

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: T56 reverse lock out

Post Thanks / Like

T56 reverse lock out

On reverse lock out the instructions say to check VSS wiring with ohm meter to tell which wire goes together, but we can not get a reading on either wire?

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't know about the VSS wiring, I have mine connected to a momentary switch and the solenoid in the T56 didn't care about polarity.
    Mark IV base kit, 2015 Coyote, Wilwood brakes, IRS-3.55 TruTrac, T56, ABS, PS, Nitto G2, Carbon fiber Dash

Post Thanks / Like
    So you just turn it on to lock out and off when using reverse ?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 1932 View Post
    So you just turn it on to lock out and off when using reverse ?
    The T56 and Magnum variants have a very stiff spring that makes it difficult to mistakenly push the shifter far enough to the the right to get it into reverse. This also makes it tough to actually get it into reverse when you want. There is a "lockout" solenoid on the side of the tranny that accepts a 12V source, and when applied makes the throw into reverse quite easy. It essentially negates the pressure of the spring that makes it hard to put into reverse. Some apply power constantly which 1) is bad for the solenoid, and 2) makes it potentially easy to mistakenly put it into reverse. Some add a button or switch that you trigger to make it easy to put into reverse. I find this solution tedious and a bit lame, but it definitely makes it easier to get into reverse for those that struggle with the leverage needed.

I've found that the first few times into reverse were tough when the tranny was brand new, but even modest break-in has made it easier.

-TJ

Post Thanks / Like
    There is a good pigtail out to eliminate the CAGS

Post Thanks / Like
    Taked to MDL and was told it made no difference on VSS wire, it is a hall sensor either wire to either wire will work .
    OK that makes it way easer