First off, let me just say that the support, prayers, volunteers, and donations, that are being sent to our brothers in Houston for the victims of Harvey is truly amazing. I know that none of this will take away the sadness and loss but it is a positive silver lining to a tragic story. All types of people rushing to support their fellow Americans, regardless of race, religion, sexual orientation, or other ridiculous category that has caused division. We all came together. I had a very positive outlook on humanity. For a moment we forgot about the latest presidential tweet, protest, safe spaces, or congressional fiasco. Americans really were concerned about their fellow citizens. Then Thursday came and my optimism turned to disbelief and anger. A local media outlet in San Antonio ran a story about potential fuel shortages due to Harvey. Utter nonsense, but why does news need to be based on facts right? This got spread like wildfire on social media (AAHH the wonders of social media). By Friday over 80% of the fuel stations were out of gas. Not low, not out of premium, OUT! No fuel and none expected. This lasted all weekend. Whenever a truck load would show up, the current line waiting (yes people waited hours at a station for a truck to show up) would spread the word and immediately long lines would show up and the station would be empty in hours. This madness continues. It has gotten better they say. Only 60% of the stations have no fuel.

All of this a result of panic buying and hording. Now keep in mind the terminals, trucking, and local logistics have not been disrupted. No flooding here. Just panic buying that reached a pace of 4-5 times normal demand. Local authorities and experts told people there is no shortage. But the collective masses proved them wrong. They created a shortage.

So how does this have anything to do with a Factory Five Roadster? I refuse to wait in line and contribute the madness so I can't drive my car. I believe individuals are smart. The herd on the other hand has lost it and gone completely loco.