FormaCars

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Garage Refresh Completed. Bring on the Coupe!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by first time builder View Post
    Paul I have the same heater and had a problem when first started that the circuit board was bad. They sent new one now all is good. The only thing I did different than you was I put a gas shut off valve down low for easy reach. I also put a safety electric switch as required by code where I live. I wish I had that size garage. I also added two ceiling fans that help to cool in summer and bring the hot air down in winter.

Kenny
    Thanks for the feedback. I'm super happy with the new heater. I had a similar style Mr. Heater Big Maxx in my previous garage. The Modine Big Dawg brand seemed to have better reviews and more of a commercial grade. Certainly a bit more expensive. It's pretty quiet when it runs and heats the garage really well. It's going to be a very comfortable place to work I think. Glad to hear they stood behind yours when you experienced a problem. I have the gas shutoff valve on the end of the rigid black gas pipe near the unit as shown in the installation instructions. I have an electric switch also on the unit. Not visible in the pictures. The electric panel is also in the garage with the heater on a dedicated circuit. Having a ceiling fan in the garage isn't a bad idea. I'll keep that in mind.
    Last edited by edwardb; 11-24-2017 at 08:46 AM.
    Build 1: Mk3 Roadster #5125. Sold 11/08/2014. Build 2: Mk4 Roadster #7750. Sold 04/10/2017. Build Thread
    Build 3: Mk4 Roadster 20th Anniversary #8674. Sold 09/07/2020. Build Thread and Video. Build 4: Gen 3 Type 65 Coupe #59. Gen 3 Coyote. Legal 03/04/2020. Build Thread and Video
    Build 5: 35 Hot Rod Truck #138. LS3 and 4L65E auto. Rcvd 01/05/2021. Legal 04/20/2023. Build Thread. Sold 11/9/2023.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123