Forte's

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Albuquerque Relocation

Post Thanks / Like

Albuquerque Relocation

It's not a sure thing yet, but I'm looking at a potential relocation from Wisconsin to Albuquerque. What is the FFR community like in the area, and in general I'm looking for input from anyone that lives in Albuquerque or close suburbs.

Work would be in the 87107 zip code(close to I40/I25 junction), and I would prefer to live within 15-20 minutes of work, as far as 30 minutes. I'm an outdoorsy guy(camping/hiking/biking/etc...), early 40's, with no wife or kids. What can I expect from a real estate perspective? I'd like to start in a townhouse(two car garage at least...) and only later look at home ownership.. What about the local craft food and beer scene(any local breweries...)? Are there zip codes or areas to stay away from?

This just became a possibility, so I'm early in my investigation and looking for any feedback available. I'll be on city-data.com and other sites searching for info.

Thanks,

-TJ

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Jeepurz, the only thing i have found out is in the county Albuquerque is in you will need a cobra with period correct motor to not have to pass emissions , or a 1965 car would have to have a 1965 motor. I am looking at moving in acouple of years and decided to look at Rio Rancho , its close but a differant county.
    Walt
    FFR8237 Donor build 89 GT , MK 4 , T5 , 17 " hallibrands 9" front 10.5 rear ,4×4 headers stainless mufflers, dual chrome roll bars, coil overs all 4,A/C and heater , soft top, 3:55 gears.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Walt View Post
    Hi Jeepurz, the only thing i have found out is in the county Albuquerque is in you will need a cobra with period correct motor to not have to pass emissions , or a 1965 car would have to have a 1965 motor. I am looking at moving in acouple of years and decided to look at Rio Rancho , its close but a differant county.
    Walt
    Hmmm, I'm hoping that is only the case if you are registering/titling for the first time. I'm already registered in WI as a 1965 car so I'm hoping nobody checks. i.e: my 2016 motor is FAR from period correct. I guess I'll find out if this job comes through...

Thanks for the info!

-TJ

Post Thanks / Like
    Jeepurz,

I am from Albuquerque but live in Oregon now. I love that place and visit frequently, have family there still. Specifically my older brother lives there. He's a great guy, just went through bad divorce and is raising his three teenage boys. If you want to PM me I can talk to him and give you his contact info. Like I said he's a great guy and needs someone to have a beer with from time to time.

Mark