Midwest Classic Insurance

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Engine Install Prep

Post Thanks / Like

Engine Install Prep

So I need to ask...do the isolation blocks for the engine get mounted to the engine and then bolted to the engine brackets as the engine is installed or is everything mounted to the chassis and then just the final (4) four bolts from the iso blocks to the engine get installed? I have electric steering and it seems like it is going to be extremely difficult to tighten the (1) bolt on the iso blocks once installed...was thinking that there may be more access to the (4) mounting bolts on the engine, but then again may lose the ability to adjust fit up. Would also like to hear any additional suggestions for prepping to install the engine...hope to do so by the end of the month.

Thanks
    33' Hot Rod Coupe/Roadster (GEN 1), Fendered, Ford 302, 350hp, EFI, AOD, 4-Link, Double Adjustable Koni Coilovers, Split Rear Exhaust, Electric Power Steering, AC/Heat/Defrost, Moser 8.8"-3.55, Willwood Front/Rear Brakes, 18" x 8" Fronts/20" x 10" Rears, Ordered: 1.26.17, Arrived: 3.29.17, First Start: 7.2.18, Go Cart: 11.4.18 Paint/Body: 2.23.19, Back Home: 11.24.19, Completed: NEVER!; View More Pics @ https://starmobileone.com/

Post Thanks / Like
    I put mounts on engine first, trans later.

"The High Country", beautiful Flagstaff, AZ
    Post Thanks / Like
    I've had my SBC / TKO trans combo in and out of my hot rod a few times now and always attach the mounts first (engine & trans). Once positioned I install the FFR engine brackets then align the trans mount and tighten it. For you build you also need to determine if you should position the headers before dropping in the engine. Mine are different than yours and go in last which makes the job very easy. For my combo the tight spots are the shifter stub hitting the firewall crossmember if not careful and the low oil pressure switch hitting the firewall if not watching close. I install the assembly through the front with the grill assembly removed and I have it down to a one-man job but it is easier if I have my wife help me watch the tight spots.