Midwest Classic Insurance

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: RickP MK4 #8832 is street legal

Post Thanks / Like

RickP MK4 #8832 is street legal

I received my tag yesterday and drove the car down to the inspection station so I could get my window sticker. I'm officially registered and titled in the state of PA! First drive was a little nerve racking but on the way home I settled in. 3.5 years to get to this point and that first drive was everything I imagined it would be. I'm heading back out as soon as the workday ticks to a close

Rick

Post Thanks / Like
    Congrats!!

Steve >> aka: GoDadGo
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    A Big Congratulations From The Big Easy!

Post Thanks / Like
    Congrats!!!!
    CVOBill
    MK2 #???? Delivered 11/2002, Finished and Titled 6/2003 5.0, T-5, 4-Link, Sold 3/2005
    Hot Rod #304 purchased 5/28/2017 from original owner Unassembled . Titled and plated 8/24/2017 Coyote,
    TKO, 3-Link, Heat, A/C, Electric Power Steering, Convertible top
    MK4 #9524 Picked up 1/18/19 306 Blueprint, T-5, 4-Link, Gas-N Pipes, Heater

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

FFR 5369 Pin Drive, IRS, Trigos, Torsen, Wilwoods, FMS BOSS 302 "B" cam , Mass-flo. CA SB100 (SPCN) Registered
    Delivered 4/23/06. "Finished" 4/2012 (still not done!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by David Hodgkins View Post

Yes this!
    Congrats!!!!
    MK4 #8900 - complete kit - Coyote, TKO600, IRS - Delivered 6/28/16 First Start 10/6/16 Go cart - 10/16/16 Build completed - 4/26/17 - 302 days to build my 302 CI Coyote Cobra - Registered and street legal 5/17/17
    Build Thread http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...e-build-thread
    PHIL 4:13 INSTAGRAM - @scottsrides

Post Thanks / Like
    Congratulations Rick. That's awesome. Great finally getting to drive it, isn't it? Enjoy.
    Build 1: Mk3 Roadster #5125. Sold 11/08/2014. Build 2: Mk4 Roadster #7750. Sold 04/10/2017. Build Thread
    Build 3: Mk4 Roadster 20th Anniversary #8674. Sold 09/07/2020. Build Thread and Video. Build 4: Gen 3 Type 65 Coupe #59. Gen 3 Coyote. Legal 03/04/2020. Build Thread and Video
    Build 5: 35 Hot Rod Truck #138. LS3 and 4L65E auto. Rcvd 01/05/2021. Legal 04/20/2023. Build Thread. Sold 11/9/2023.

Post Thanks / Like
    Congrats

Jeff

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by David Hodgkins View Post

silly of me to think I could get away with just a blurb and no pics.............. having WAY to much fun driving it to break out a camera.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by edwardb View Post
    Congratulations Rick. That's awesome. Great finally getting to drive it, isn't it? Enjoy.
    I will be pinching myself for awhile Paul. Now that I have gotten past the thought of "so much can go wrong" or "I wonder if that sound is normal", I was able to get it out on some back country roads last night and get associated with her road manners. Truly exhilarating......

Post Thanks / Like
    Rick-

Congratulations on getting her legal! And, thanks for posting some pics. She looks great, and it sounds like you have been having some fun with her already; awesome!!

I hope the weather stays nice for a while longer, so you can get in some more driving before winter comes in and ruins it.

Congrats again!

Regards,

Steve

Post Thanks / Like
    Rick looks awesome! Question, your passenger roll bar... did you order it after your initial purchase of the kit? I cannot seem to find it on FFR's website. Just curious if I am missing something. will be calling them tomorrow.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by scottiec View Post
    Rick looks awesome! Question, your passenger roll bar... did you order it after your initial purchase of the kit? I cannot seem to find it on FFR's website. Just curious if I am missing something. will be calling them tomorrow.

yes sir..... the passenger roll bar was purchased after the fact. When my better half said "I see your head is protected, why not mine", it was ordered that very same day. search part #14166. (it has been recently added to the website.

If you want the roll bar in raw steel and have it powder coated yourself, give FFR a buzz and I'm sure they will accommodate your request as they did for me.