FormaCars

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Coyote 11-14 Wiring Harness

Post Thanks / Like

Coyote 11-14 Wiring Harness

After getting the engine set in, I am trying to route the harness around the engine compartment.
    There are excellent threads on the later model harness's, but mine seems to locate stuff at other locations.
    The harness seems to locate the ECU up front between the rad and eng, right side. It looks like the O2 sensors will both be short. I have room to run the main harness through the valley under the intake.
    I am hoping someone has run the early Coyote harness on a MkIV in a build thread or has some pics I could view.
    My PDB has windows for diff circuits, ie fan, A/C, intercooler pump, etc. It may have LEDs to show good or bad fuses,,? It also does not use the heavy main power cable. It does have the HAAT cable, but it is about 10 ga.
    The directions are clear, it is just the routing, I would like to see. Any other advise on this harness is welcome.
    thanks,
    20th Anniversary Mk IV, A50XS Coyote, TKO 600, Trunk Drop Box, Trunk Battery Box, Cubby Hole, Seat Heaters, Radiator hanger and shroud.

Post Thanks / Like
    I did find a thread from 2013, but pics would not show.
    20th Anniversary Mk IV, A50XS Coyote, TKO 600, Trunk Drop Box, Trunk Battery Box, Cubby Hole, Seat Heaters, Radiator hanger and shroud.

Post Thanks / Like
    Do you have the Factory Five Coyote installation instructions? It has quite a bit of detail for the version Coyote you're using. http://www.factoryfive.com/wp-conten...t-Roadster.pdf
    Build 1: Mk3 Roadster #5125. Sold 11/08/2014. Build 2: Mk4 Roadster #7750. Sold 04/10/2017. Build Thread
    Build 3: Mk4 Roadster 20th Anniversary #8674. Sold 09/07/2020. Build Thread and Video. Build 4: Gen 3 Type 65 Coupe #59. Gen 3 Coyote. Legal 03/04/2020. Build Thread and Video
    Build 5: 35 Hot Rod Truck #138. LS3 and 4L65E auto. Rcvd 01/05/2021. Legal 04/20/2023. Build Thread. Sold 11/9/2023.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Railroad.

In 2012 I mounted the ECU over top of the passenger footboard instead of the FFR suggestion at the time which was to mount it in the firewall. The bracket I fabbed is mounted on the outside of the 3/4" square steel support keeping the ECU out of the engine bay. This location is now the norm and FFR supplies the bracket. The main Coyote harness runs behind the firewall. Again, out of sight. The PDB is mounted under the center of the dash above the trans tunnel. It is hidden with a center console. The harness runs through the opening in the firewall at the far right side - passenger side. Again, out of sight. The harness from the ECU to the engine comes across the front of the engine. There was sufficient cable for O2 sensors. I had to pull the MAF sensor wires out of the bundle.

It worked well and was pleasing to the eye.

There is a member in Quebec (paquette173) who mounted his ECU in the void under the intake mznifolx. Not sure how that worked out.
    Last edited by Dave Howard; 09-22-2017 at 09:02 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    The PCM can be placed on the PS above the foot box or in the firewall if you don't have a heater. The harness needs to be stripped back to the branch of the O2 sensors wires and a wire spliced in to lengthen the left O2 harness. With this done, there is no need for an O2 extension harness. These mods are in the FFR instructions alone with other details. The instructions are quite lengthy but following them one step at a time simplifies the process. My build thread alone with many others, Dale, Carl Williams etc. have the 2013 engine and control pack.
    King
    Roadster #8127, ordered 7/12/13, received 9/11/13
    http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...4-Coyote-Build

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by edwardb View Post
    Do you have the Factory Five Coyote installation instructions? It has quite a bit of detail for the version Coyote you're using. http://www.factoryfive.com/wp-conten...t-Roadster.pdf
    Yes, I have it, though it seems generic. I guess I am fighting the need to split the harness open and re route the wires.
    Thanks for the help.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 2bking View Post
    The PCM can be placed on the PS above the foot box or in the firewall if you don't have a heater. The harness needs to be stripped back to the branch of the O2 sensors wires and a wire spliced in to lengthen the left O2 harness. With this done, there is no need for an O2 extension harness. These mods are in the FFR instructions alone with other details. The instructions are quite lengthy but following them one step at a time simplifies the process. My build thread alone with many others, Dale, Carl Williams etc. have the 2013 engine and control pack.
    Thanks 2B, I just hate doing something and having to redo it. As I replied to edwardb, I really wanted to use the harness, as is, without doing major cutting and splicing. Does not look like that is possible. I will go to your build and see what I can learn.

Post Thanks / Like
    If you have the time, you can find what you need in my build thread (in signature below), or in others as 2bking said.

My ECU (I have a heater AC unit) was installed on the passenger-side chassis rails, just above the footbox (I made a bracket for it). If no heater, firewall over the footbox would be the better choice. I got O2 plug n play harness extensions from Casper's Electronics to avoid cutting into the harness. Installed the black box (with fan, AC, fuses. relays on firewall behind dash.
    SOLD 03/2013: MK II #5004: 5.0 EFI: 8.8, 3.55, E303, TW heads, GT40 intake, 24#, 70mm MAF

Ordered MK IV Coyote Complete Kit.

Post Thanks / Like
    Kit ordered December 2013

The ECU hangs vertically from the square tube with two pieces of alloy strap. The black box is bolted to the inside of the wirewall.

You can just see the heater pipes at the lower right corner of the red box around the ECU. Blue tubing covers are over the heater water pipes & connect to the electric temperature control valve.

There is plenty of room for everything to fit with good clearance.

All cleaned up most is hidden. ECU hangs on engine side of the square tubing.

Last edited by BEAR-AvHistory; 09-24-2017 at 03:44 PM.
    Kevin
    MKIV #8234
    Coyote '14/TKO-600/3-Link 3:55 Rear
    I love the smell of 100 octane in the morning.
    NITTO NT01 275X40X17ZR - 315X35ZRX17
    Delivered 2/7/14 - Plate "COYOTE NC1965" 3/25/15

Post Thanks / Like
    I am not running a heater or A/C, just wipers. Obviously there is room for the harness. Dave Howard sent me some pics, thanks Bear and Dale G. I probably just need a kick in the pants to get me started. Maybe I can get far enough along to ask some more questions.