Ok, I have read books, forum threads, and articles, watched videos, and asked experts about tuning a carburetor. I have a basic understand but have never done this before. After doing research, I still have some questions. I hope to do two things with this thread. One, document my process with all the details. Two, I will asked questions and hopefully capture the answers here for all to share. I am sure most of the answers can be found in threads through out the FFR forums. But, I have not find them in one place that is simple to follow and in enough detail for this amateur. So, here we go.

It might help if I share some information about my set up.

- Engine is a Levy Racing Stage 4 347. I don't have specific part numbers or data. Per the website "steel crank, I beam rods, Forged pistons, Custom hydraulic roller cam, Victor Jr. cylinder heads, Victor 5.0 or Victor Jr. intake. It is 10:1 compression and runs on 91 octane pump fuel. Horsepower is 420 bench dyno with a properly tuned EFI or 450 with a Holley 650 pro series carburetor. 6000 rpm shift point with a 6500 rpm rev limit "

Transmission is a T5 from Levy Racing as well. I think is it a "super alloy" to handle the higher power of the 347.

Rear end is a Ford 3.55 rear end.

Carb is a Quick Fuel 750 SS. It has mechanical secondaries with an electric choke. I have a 1/2" phenolic spacer under the carb to help with heat.

Ignition system is MSD 6AL with MSD Blater 3 coil. I am using Taylor Thunderbolt spark plug wires.

Timing is set to 14 degrees BTDC at idle and gets to full advance of 35 degrees between 3000 and 3500. I will verify this during the tuning.

I will start on the tuning tomorrow. Hopefully this helps others.