Forte's

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Forgestars, Wilwoods, and Spacers

Post Thanks / Like

Forgestars, Wilwoods, and Spacers

Hey guys,

Apologies if this has been discussed, I'm not having too much luck with the darn search function.

I picked up a set of Forgestar F14 per the specs from the FF website PN 26249 (19x9 front and 20x12 rears) and am looking at Willwood brake options and would like to go as large as possible. Oddly enough the smaller diameter sets cause more of an interference with the caliper edge closest to the center of the wheel with the back side of the spokes on the rims closest to the center. Right now the 15" dia. rotor Kit PN 140-13903-DR are about as close as I'm seeing for the fronts, but will require a 1/4 spacer to clear the calipers. Shane was nice enough to take a ballpark measurement from a car in his shop that had Wilwoods and hopefully I can link up with this owner to see what he chose.

Anyone with the Forgestar F14 going with Wilwoods that can chime in?

I figured it was a good time to break out the new toys.

image1.JPGimage2.JPG

Gordon sent me a message on the FF Builder Facebook page discussing this and I'll be reaching out to him shortly, but I figured I throw it out here as well. I've already spoken to a couple other members regarding other items, and can't wait to start this journey.

BTW my kit will be delivered within the next week, so I'll post a build thread shortly.

Thanks,
    Sean

Post Thanks / Like
    do you have a way to give the offsets of the wheels to me so i can compare to the c5 wheels placement..i have wilwoods on a c5z with f14s

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Stolen,

They are the exact size you can order straight from FF.

Front Backspace: 6.96" (50mm Offset)
    Rear Backspace: 8.49" (51mm Offset)