Forte's

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: 818 builder in Gaithersburg, Maryland

Post Thanks / Like

818 builder in Gaithersburg, Maryland

Hey, followed the forums a bit but thought I would post to say in case there are others in the area. One of my coworkers rode shotgun in someone's 818 coupe this weekend at Capital Driving Club so I thought I would post to see if they are reading the forum or anyone else locally would like to meet up. My car is currently at my parent's house in Gaithersburg because I recently moved up to Baltimore and do not have garage there yet. Maybe in the near future I will be renting out a storage space in baltimore once the car is registered

here is a link to my google photo album of my progress pictures because everyone loves pictures .
    https://goo.gl/photos/UBTcuw3vP9GMABqT7

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm in your area. HMU if you want to chat about your build. I've owned 3 818s and built two.
    Owner/builder - AEM Intakes 818R #85

Post Thanks / Like
    Awesome, thanks. I am starting to install the dash but may run a couple more wires/cables through the center area before I do so. After that I will begin looking for insurance. any advice or companies in the area that will insure our cars?

Post Thanks / Like
    Qblades - welcome to the area. There are a few builders in the Baltimore area. I know of one completed 818 in Arbutus, an new 818R project in Baltimore proper, my 818S in Severn (approaching go-kart time), an 818C build in Westminster (other than SixStar), another 818C in the Damascus area, and there is an 818S build across the river from you in Leesburg. You're surrounded - welcome to the forum and the build! PM me if you need anything.

Post Thanks / Like
    Great to see all the progress and go-cart videos. It looks like you're not far from registering. There are a few threads where people have posted about insurance - Many are getting their insurance through the National Corvette Museum, which seems to be reasonably priced and offers anywhere from $20k to $40k in coverage. Also, some have posted about using Midwest Classic, StateFarm as well as a few other companies (Geico, Amica, 21st Century, USAA and Progressive). But by far, NCM seems to be the most popular.

Post Thanks / Like
    It Was ME!

Qblades, glad to see you on the forum - you coworker was a real hoot! If you have any questions about registration in MD, I think I still have a cheat-sheet I was working from.
    Last edited by mikeb75; 09-25-2017 at 07:06 PM.
    818SC chassis #206 EJ207 2.0L VF37 twin scroll || Cusco type RS 1.5 LSD || Wilwood pedal box (firewall attach) || Wilwood superlite front calipers
    BUILD Phase 1: 6/6/2014 car delivered || 5/24/2015 first start || 6/7/2015 go karted || 4/20/2016 hard-top-topped || 10/25/2016 registered || 11/18/2016 inspected & complete
    BUILD Phase 2: 3/8/2017 EJ207v8 || 5/29/2017 re-first re-start || 7/17/2017 re-assembled with race car bits