Forte's

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: New here from MD

Post Thanks / Like

New here from MD

Looking to build an MK4, I won't be ready to start the build till next summer so for now I'm here to gather information and view other builds.

My plans so far include-

MK4 base kit
    Manual steering rack- ran a flaming river in a previous build and liked it
    Manual brake kit- not sure what brand yet
    Coyote motor- year will depend on what I find price and mileage wise
    Aem infinity ecu set up and traction control
    Maybe a tko 600 maybe a t56 magnum depends on what I think I may do down the road as far as a turbo set up at some point
    Return style fuel system with a sumped tank
    2015+ mustang IRS
    Body and paint will be done in house as I manage a body shop and at one of our other locations my brother is the painter. Should fun for us to work at together

There is still plenty to plan out, but I have time. My fiancée and I have a home being built which has a couple more months to go before I have access to a garage. Once in the house I'll start piecing together stuff that I'll need till I feel I'm ready to get the kit on order.

Look forward to learning more about what I'm in for. This isn't my first build but this will be the most extensive. My last was a 94 gt with a 331 rgr stroker with a vortech blower, tko 500, built rear and many more mods set up as basically a pure drag car. It was fun but I want something more streetable this time.

Great to meet everyone

Eric

Post Thanks / Like
    Eric- welcome!
    Where in md are you? I’m in NoVa, so may not be too far. Feel free to come see the build.

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the madness, there are lots of experience and assistance on the forum.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by scottiec View Post
    Eric- welcome!
    Where in md are you? I’m in NoVa, so may not be too far. Feel free to come see the build.
    In cockeysville area. I'll definitely have to make a trip out some time to see your build!

Post Thanks / Like
    Great their a couple of Roadsters not far from you. We meet up at Cars N Coffee on the weekends (Hunt Valley, Annapolis, Burtonsville, Bethesda) if your interested PM me.

Gary
    Mark IV base kit, 2015 Coyote, Wilwood brakes, IRS-3.55 TruTrac, T56, ABS, PS, Nitto G2, Carbon fiber Dash

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Eric,

Welcome to the fun house. I helped with a couple of GTM's and a MK4, hit me up and we can share information.

I'm in Catonsville PM if you like.
    "May you be in heaven a full half hour before the Devil knows you're dead"

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by grluisi150 View Post
    Great their a couple of Roadsters not far from you. We meet up at Cars N Coffee on the weekends (Hunt Valley, Annapolis, Burtonsville, Bethesda) if your interested PM me.

Gary
    Yea I'll have to swing out when people are at hunt valley as I live right down the road from that shopping center

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Presto51 View Post
    Hi Eric,

Welcome to the fun house. I helped with a couple of GTM's and a MK4, hit me up and we can share information.

I'm in Catonsville PM if you like.
    Thanks I'll definitely keep track of who's local! Didn't realize there were so many members locally.

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome Eric ! You are in the right place, so much info and so many nice people here