Forte's

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: hello - brand new member here

Post Thanks / Like

hello - brand new member here

i received my mk iv complete kit on 9/18/17 very excited to get started on this project. please forgive me as i am a bit "technically challenged" not completely sure how this whole forum thing works. so far i have run into a few issues - some missing parts, i understand and hopefully they will be coming soon. Had an issue with front suspension upper a arm, very difficult to get any kind of tool on the rear locknut to hold it while trying to tighten up. next the rear brake calipers are about 3/16" from fitting down onto caliper brackets and also the holes on the pass side lower control arm bracket do not line up. don't know if it's just me or if anyone else has had similar issues. i welcome any thoughts, tips, ideas, criticism, etc... I have done basic vehicle maintenance and messed around with cars for about 40 years but i am certainly not a master mechanic. also any tips on using this forum also welcome
    thanks very much
    daves

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome, Dave

Quote Originally Posted by davespencer View Post
    i received my mk iv complete kit on 9/18/17 very excited to get started on this project. please forgive me as i am a bit "technically challenged" not completely sure how this whole forum thing works. so far i have run into a few issues - some missing parts, i understand and hopefully they will be coming soon [FFR will make good on those missing parts; those boxes will begin showing up soon.]. Had an issue with front suspension upper a arm, very difficult to get any kind of tool on the rear locknut to hold it while trying to tighten up.[Same problem here. I jammed a large screwdriver between the nut and bracket and torqued it from the opposite side.] next the rear brake calipers are about 3/16" from fitting down onto caliper brackets and also the holes on the pass side lower control arm bracket do not line up. [Pictures? Ive seen at least one builder have an issue with the LCA tabs being flipped on one side. FFR came and got the chassis, redid the tabs, re-powder coated, and delivered it back to the owner.] don't know if it's just me or if anyone else has had similar issues. i welcome any thoughts, tips, ideas, criticism, etc... I have done basic vehicle maintenance and messed around with cars for about 40 years but i am certainly not a master mechanic. also any tips on using this forum also welcome
    thanks very much
    daves
    My Build Thread: http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...ter-Build-9754
    (Most viewed Roadster build thread on this forum!)

Delivered: 6/17/2017
    First Start: 12/30/2017
    Completed: 12/7/2019
    Legal: 1/30/2020

Member of the Mile-Hi Cobra Club
    Dave's Cobra YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbk...npK1UZHj4R-bYQ
    Agora 1:8 Scale Cobra Build: https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...l-Build-Thread

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the madness

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome.
    I picked my kit up on September 16th and I too am missing some parts. Almost finished with the inventory. I am anxious to get started with the build!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Post some pics and if you post address maybe someone local can help you out

Post Thanks / Like
    I want to order a 33 hot rod I havent got it yet and I hope very much next year. I have the manual and I enjoy reading the post during the builds. I have a back ground in automotive and have been building motorcycles, muscle cars and hot rods all my life. I spent all my time in the hood of a car or under a car. Use to race every weekend till it got where it cost to much. If it has wheels I have raced it in some manner. I will just keep reading post for now and you can learn a lot from them and get a lot of information from them. Wish I would have been here sooner I would have had my 33 by now.

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome! I'll be building along with you. I received my kit on 9-4-17, so you are ahead of me a little bit. Have fun!
    Started dreaming of a Cobra around 1987
    Purchased Complete Kit 6/9/2017, Delivered 9/4/2017, Rolling Chassis 3/30/2018, Engine Dyno'ed 3/4/2022, Engine installed 8/27/2022
    Click here for my build thread
    Serial #9158
    Design Engineer at BluePrint Engines

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome Dave, Interesting, that you are posted as a new member the same day I graduated from a 7 year2 month and 1 day journey, enjoy the ride, take your time.

Bob
    Baghdad Bob

Complete Kit Delivered July 2010, serial @ 7287, Whitby Power Brakes, Whitby Tonneau, Power Steering w HEIDTS PS Valve, Hydralic clutch, 15" Wheels, BFG Tires, 331 stroker w Quick Fuel 650, RPM Heads, Air Gap Intake. IRS w 3.27, TKO-600. FFMETAL Firewall Forward, FFMETAL Dropped Battery Box in Trunk, Enlarged Passenger footbox, Breeze Cubby storage, Breeze Seat Brackets, Herbs Door Panels. Ford ruby red 12 coats.