I just finished installing a 3-link retrofit on my old Mark 1. Like with my 4-link, the 3-link has driveshaft bind when the rear axle is at full droop. (I've been running an axle limiting strap from my differential to the 3x2 crossmember above the axle with the 4-link.)

I called Factory Five yesterday and the gentleman I spoke to said that the limiting straps are not used to prevent driveshaft bind; instead, they're a safety device to prevent overextension of the shocks/springs for builders using the donor Mustang shock and spring setup. He also said that limiting straps are not needed for cars running Konis. (I'm running Konis on my car.)

I've made rough adjustments to my pinion angle following the 3-link install but still get driveshaft bind at full droop. (Approximately 2* down as compared to the engine/transmission angle.)

So, I have a few questions for you guys:

1. For owners without limiting straps: Do you have driveshaft bind at full droop?

2. Are you running limiting straps with your 3-link install?

3. If you're not running limiting straps and have driveshaft bind at full droop, has that ever been a problem under normal driving conditions?

Thanks.