BluePrint Engines

Visit our community sponsor

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Here we come...4 "guys" in the garage!

Awesome. Must be something about holiday deliveries. Mine showed up on Labor Day. Good luck with inventory!
    Started dreaming of a Cobra around 1987
    Purchased Complete Kit 6/9/2017, Delivered 9/4/2017
    Click here for my build thread
    Serial #9158
    Design Engineer at BluePrint Engines

Dittos on the sorry and congrats. I have been following FFR since they opened and am pulling the trigger next week on a roadster. Looks like there will a bunch of us in the Midwest! I am 2 hours south of Chicago. Where did you all find the plans for the body and frame bucks? I am planning on complete kit with most options checked and a coyote combo from Forte.

Quote Originally Posted by sbhunter View Post
    Dittos on the sorry and congrats. I have been following FFR since they opened and am pulling the trigger next week on a roadster. Looks like there will a bunch of us in the Midwest! I am 2 hours south of Chicago. Where did you all find the plans for the body and frame bucks? I am planning on complete kit with most options checked and a coyote combo from Forte.
    I found the specs on this forum. You can also google for cobra body buck and find those PDFs.
    Life is short, so start living it.
    Build thread: http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...-in-the-garage!
    delivery date: 10/31/2017

Hello,
    So kit is in the garage, I have been doing an inventory for last couple days. Great way to familiarize yourself with the parts and manual.
    Kids are busy looking good in the car crop2.GIFcrop1.GIF
    Last edited by broku518; 11-08-2017 at 10:28 AM.

Quick question. I noticed that I need a gas pump.
    What would you recommend for my setup? 347 engine, carbureted. Do I need a regulator as well?
    Ideally, if I can just get the whole thing someplace and plug it in would be great

Thanks,
    Martin
    Last edited by broku518; 11-06-2017 at 03:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by broku518 View Post
    Quick question. I noticed that I need a gas pump.
    What would you recommend for my setup? 347 engine, carbureted. Do I need a regulator as well?
    Ideally, if I can just get the whole thing someplace and plug it in would be great

Thanks,
    Martin
    Mike Forte can help you with all of that. Makes it easy since he already knows the rest of your set up.
    -Steve
    MK IV #8901 - Complete kit, Coyote, TKO-600, IRS. Ordered 5/23/16, Delivered 7/14/16, First Start 8/13/17, First Go-Kart 10/22/17. Build Thread: http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...V-Coyote-Build

Quote Originally Posted by Straversi View Post
    Mike Forte can help you with all of that. Makes it easy since he already knows the rest of your set up.
    -Steve
    Hi Steve, thanks! Yep, called him and good to go

Martin

Nice to see something happening. Last night we removed the fiberglass body. I noticed some misalignment in front hood area, but after a quick forum search discovered this is a 'normal.'

Labeled and removed panels last night. I think I like the metal finish. I was contemplating the color choices, but will keep it the way it is. Plus, it is pretty cold and every time I sprayed a sample it would stink the high heaven here. Also, it snowed here last night, ugh!

So with the panels removed, we started working on F panels and lower control arms. It went pretty smoothly, riveting/caulking. Bolts were easy to torque, no brute force needed

Since the upper arms are on back order we started to assemble the koni shocks. (note: didn't have a ring snap tool, neighbor saved the day )

I was thinking about doing other parts, but FedEx is delivering 2 boxes from F5 on Monday. Hoping those are the upper control arms. So I will wait.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by broku518; 11-11-2017 at 02:04 PM.

HELP: Is there a simple way of uploading pictures from the local machine? I have them on my laptop right side up, they still come out upside down?!
    I am not interested in hosting them someplace.

Thanks,
    Martin

HELP: Is there a simple way of uploading pictures from the local machine? I have them on my laptop right side up, they still come out upside down?!
    I am not interested in hosting them someplace.

Thanks,
    Martin
    Not sure about easy, but this works.

Create a photo album on the Forum:

Start on the Forum home page and go to Gallery,
    Select Add Album, Name it and make it public.
    Now you have a place to store your photos that is independent of any 3rd party carriers.

Upload your photos into your album and then you can either attach your photos or imbed them in your posts.

There is a size limit on the photos you can upload, something like 1.5MB but they don't need to be that big. Various ways to resize your photos.

There is a very detailed description of how this all works in the Welcomes and Introductions Forum.

All that being said, occasionally, I still get a photo that does the up side down trick.
    -Steve
    MK IV #8901 - Complete kit, Coyote, TKO-600, IRS. Ordered 5/23/16, Delivered 7/14/16, First Start 8/13/17, First Go-Kart 10/22/17. Build Thread: http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...V-Coyote-Build

Quote Originally Posted by Straversi View Post
    Not sure about easy, but this works.

Create a photo album on the Forum:

Start on the Forum home page and go to Gallery,
    Select Add Album, Name it and make it public.
    Now you have a place to store your photos that is independent of any 3rd party carriers.

Upload your photos into your album and then you can either attach your photos or imbed them in your posts.

There is a size limit on the photos you can upload, something like 1.5MB but they don't need to be that big. Various ways to resize your photos.

There is a very detailed description of how this all works in the Welcomes and Introductions Forum.

All that being said, occasionally, I still get a photo that does the up side down trick.
    -Steve
    Hi Steve,
    Thanks. I will deal with this another time. I would have to change the resolution on camera or crap my pics after upload. Seems pretty easy, but after working on the car with my boys, this is the last thing I want to do.

Hi Steve,
    Thanks. I will deal with this another time. I would have to change the resolution on camera or crap my pics after upload. Seems pretty easy, but after working on the car with my boys, this is the last thing I want to do.
    I take most of my photos with my phone. I store them on my computer at full resolution.
    For the photos I choose to post, I email them to myself. When I hit send the phone asks what size and gives me small, med, large or full res option. I pick med or large. When I get the email I drag those images to my desktop. When I upload the photos into the gallery, they are easy to find on the desktop. Then I drag them into the trash.

Now that I write it down is seems like a PITA but I guess I'm just use to it.
    -Steve

I use Flickr to post pictures to the forum. It is really simple to use and is free. The only issue is if Flickr ever decides to go the way that Photobucket did and decide to start charging for third party postings.

Here is a quick how-to for Flickr:

1. Sign up for your free Flickr account.

2. Once signed up, go to the upload screen.

3. Drag and drop the photos from your PC to this screen.

4. Create or select a previously created album to upload your photos to.

5. Click the upload button.

6. Now from your "Photostream", click on the photo you want to post and then click on the share icon.

7. Copy the BB Code link and select the size you want (768 x 1024) is what I use, and paste the link into your forum post.

And you're done!
    Last edited by Papa; 11-14-2017 at 01:36 PM.
    There are 10 types of people in this world;
    those who understand binary and those who don't.

My Build Thread: http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...ter-Build-9754

I took papa's advice and use Flickr. It's easy and I think it does a better job maintaining the quality and details of the pictures when it downsizing them vs other methods of downsizing for sharing on this forum.
    Started dreaming of a Cobra around 1987
    Purchased Complete Kit 6/9/2017, Delivered 9/4/2017
    Click here for my build thread
    Serial #9158
    Design Engineer at BluePrint Engines

Let see how this works. Dang! Sweet! Thanks Papa!

IMG_3165 by Martin Ondrus, on Flickr

20171112_201412 by Martin Ondrus, on Flickr

Baby is already testing his Shelby Cobra replica box
    20171112_133704 by Martin Ondrus, on Flickr
    Last edited by broku518; 11-14-2017 at 11:17 AM.

I see progress! Good for you guys! (The little guy needs a steering wheel...)
    Mk IV Roadster - #8650 - delivered 7-17-2015 - a work in (slow) progress
    Complete kit / 2015 Coyote / TKO600 / IRS / Wilwood brakes

Making some progress here. Boys are interested. The only tiny problem is when I have them all in the garage, mad house!
    So I have them take turns or come and go as they please.

20171114_181958
    20171115_182019

I was thinking about paiting the engine bay panels, but after my oldest engraved his initials into the firewall with a screwdriver I dropped those plans
    20171117_181026
    Last edited by broku518; 11-18-2017 at 09:35 AM.

Awesome! Enjoying the family pics. Keep us posted.
    1972 Corvette Stingray 350 c.i. Manual Steering & Brakes
    2003 H-D Softail Deuce 88 c.i. TwinCam
    Gen 3 Coupe Dreamer

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12