FormaCars

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Bumpers on a 33 - Sacrilegious yes but required in some locations...

Post Thanks / Like

Bumpers on a 33 - Sacrilegious yes but required in some locations...

I would like to open a conversation on adding bumpers to the forint and back of the 33's. Unfortunately in my provide (Quebec) to certify my 33 they require bumpers front and back (I know I hate it too but you never know I may be able to pull it off and make it look good). Does anyone out there have bumpers that have been installed on their 33's or know of someone who has done it and would be able to share photos and how they done it? When I contacted FFR, they told me they have never done it, I asked to see where they would recommend connecting them but have yet to hear back. By having FFR identify the locations it may be easier for me to have them accepted by my provinces inspectors especially if I can show that they are Service Proven in other states or provinces as well. ANY help is very much appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like
    Not on yet but have and will be using stock 33 ford bumpers front and back.

Post Thanks / Like
    In my albums under the 4 point cage folder there is a portion of my rear bumper showing.
    My frame is quite different from the axle back but the look of the bumper works well and
    I have a hidden hitch behind the license plate.

On the other forum under Buck70 I have an album with more detailed pics of my rear bumper.
    Dale
    Last edited by myjones; 09-28-2017 at 05:57 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    I just spoke with Dan Ruth today and he mentioned that he is developing a front bumper for the '33. You might want to contact him to learn about his approach.
    Keith

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey 1932, The question really becomes where do you attach them to the 33 Frame?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by progmgr1 View Post
    I just spoke with Dan Ruth today and he mentioned that he is developing a front bumper for the '33. You might want to contact him to learn about his approach.
    Keith
    I will definitely be contacting him then, the game will be more where we can attach them so as not to interfere with anything. If we know where and how to connect from the factory, then the rest is up to our imagination and what will pass inspection.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by myjones View Post
    In my albums under the 4 point cage folder there is a portion of my rear bumper showing.
    My frame is quite different from the axle back but the look of the bumper works well and
    I have a hidden hitch behind the license plate.

On the other forum under Buck70 I have an album with more detailed pics of my rear bumper.
    Dale
    Much appreciated, take a look at my post to progmgr1, its more where to connect them more than anything. Once we figure out something I will post for sure!
    TY all!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Keith
    Dan Ruth is not a supporting vendor and has been banned from this site for spamming.

FFR 5369 Pin Drive, IRS, Trigos, Torsen, Wilwoods, FMS BOSS 302 "B" cam , Mass-flo. CA SB100 (SPCN) Registered
    Delivered 4/23/06. "Finished" 4/2012 (still not done!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by David Hodgkins View Post
    Dan Ruth is not a supporting vendor and has been banned from this site for spamming.
    I wasn't aware of that. Sorry to hear that the relationship deteriorated to that extent.
    Keith

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I wasn't aware of that. Sorry to hear that the relationship deteriorated to that extent.
    Keith
    There was never a relationship. He, and at least one other entity (think snapless tonneau covers) simply refuse to become supporting vendors, but use the forums to conduct business "below the radar". It's puts me in a tough position, and frankly it's not appreciated.

FFR 5369 Pin Drive, IRS, Trigos, Torsen, Wilwoods, FMS BOSS 302 "B" cam , Mass-flo. CA SB100 (SPCN) Registered
    Delivered 4/23/06. "Finished" 4/2012 (still not done!)

Post Thanks / Like
    I have stock mounting hardware. When the body is back on will fab the needed place to mount!