Very Cool Parts

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: A/C duct hose question.

PLATNUM Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like

A/C duct hose question.

Not really sure how to route these hoses. Do you cut holes in the top plate for the hoses to come out of, or do you pass them thru the gaps that face the rear of the car in the console area? I have them in the gaps now but would like input if I did this incorrectly. Thanks, TWIMG_2125.JPGIMG_2123.JPG

Post Thanks / Like
    You have to cut holes in the top aluminum panel for them to pass thru. Do not cut one big hole for all of them to go thru. That top aluminum panel needs to seal out the air from the tunnel getting into the cockpit, so the vent hoses need to be sealed up to that aluminum panel and there is no way to do that if you just cut one big hole for all of the vent hoses to pass thru. We cut these holes out with my CNC plasma cutter here.....large vent hoses we cut the holes to 2.65" and the defrost hoses to 2.125". These hole sizes allow the vent hoses to "self seal" to the aluminum panel as they are just a bit undersized of the actual vent hose....once you pull the vent hose thru the hole, there is no air gap around the hose.

Don't forget to position your wiper close-out box in there before you go cutting holes. We always cut the wiper box down so that it's a few inches narrower than stock. If you don't cut it down, the width of the box takes up so much of that area that you run out of room for the hoses to come up thru.
    Last edited by VRaptor SpeedWorks, LLC; 10-24-2017 at 11:44 AM.
    Shane Vacek
    VRaptor SpeedWorks, LLC
    www.vraptorspeedworks.com
    Turn-key GTM, SL-C & Ultima GTR Built to Your Specs!
    Offering a full line of GTM Upgrades and Custom Parts

Post Thanks / Like
    Heres what I did way back when.

PLATNUM Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks guys that is a big help!