Midwest Classic Insurance

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Please Graduate FFR MK4 7287 - Delivered on July 27, 2010 - 99 44/100 percent finish

Post Thanks / Like

Please Graduate FFR MK4 7287 - Delivered on July 27, 2010 - 99 44/100 percent finish

There will always be little things to do, but it was driven today with all the major components on and the paint, windshield doors, and seats intact. Its been 7 years 2 months and 1 day, but hey, who is counting. I want to thank my son Kevin for all his hard work, expecially the Awesome Paint Job.

The Stripe will be added later !!

Bob
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by mcwho; 09-29-2017 at 09:17 AM. Reason: add pics
    Baghdad Bob

Complete Kit Delivered July 2010, serial @ 7287, Whitby Power Brakes, Whitby Tonneau, Power Steering w HEIDTS PS Valve, Hydralic clutch, 15" Wheels, BFG Tires, 331 stroker w Quick Fuel 650, RPM Heads, Air Gap Intake. IRS w 3.27, TKO-600. FFMETAL Firewall Forward, FFMETAL Dropped Battery Box in Trunk, Enlarged Passenger footbox, Breeze Cubby storage, Breeze Seat Brackets, Herbs Door Panels. Ford ruby red 12 coats.

Post Thanks / Like
    Congratulations hope you have many years of enjoyment driving the completed cobra

Rick

Post Thanks / Like
    Congratulations. Go have some fun!
    -Steve
    Mk IV #8901 - Complete kit, Coyote, TKO-600, IRS. Ordered 5/23/16, Delivered 7/14/16, First Start 8/13/17, First Go-Kart 10/22/17, Registered and Completed 10/18/18. Build Thread: http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...V-Coyote-Build Graduation Thread: https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...-Roadster-8901

Steve >> aka: GoDadGo
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Bob,

Glad Irma Didn't Get You Or Your Car!
    Now get that car over for "Cruising The Coast" this year or next.

Steve

Post Thanks / Like
    Very nice. It is really cool your son painted your car. That is special. Congratulations.
    FFR MK4 Complete Kit #8952
    Build Thread
    Bodywork Thread
    3 Link Rear Suspension, Gordon Levy 347 SBF with T5
    First start Feb 20, 2017, First Go Kart March 5, 2017, Registered & Title April 25, 2017

Post Thanks / Like
    Congrats! Very very nice.
    Kyle

Complete Kit pickup 09/05/2015, 351w, QF680, 3.55, 3-Link, 15" Halibrands with MT's, Painted Viking blue with Wimbledon white stripes on 03/15/2017. Sold in 08/2018 and totally regret it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Congrats great achievement. Time to enjoy.
    Ron

Post Thanks / Like
    Congratulations! Nice work!

Frank B
    FFR MK4 #8317, 393 Cleveland, Lunati VooDoo solid roller, CHI 3V heads and intake, TKO 600, Std roadster seats, 8.8 3.55 diff, 17" Halibrand replica wheels, Ford "Magnetic Metallic", silver ghost stripe. (Sold 10/16/21)

Post Thanks / Like
    Congrats! There's nothing wrong with taking your time and savoring the build. It looks good. I like your wiener dog too. LOL, we had one that looked just like that. He was a funny pooch.
    Started dreaming of a Cobra around 1987
    Purchased Complete Kit 6/9/2017, Delivered 9/4/2017, Rolling Chassis 3/30/2018, Engine Dyno'ed 3/4/2022, Engine installed 8/27/2022
    Click here for my build thread
    Serial #9158
    Design Engineer at BluePrint Engines

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mcwho View Post
    There will always be little things to do, but it was driven today with all the major components on and the paint, windshield doors, and seats intact. Its been 7 years 2 months and 1 day, but hey, who is counting. I want to thank my son Kevin for all his hard work, expecially the Awesome Paint Job.

The Stripe will be added later !!

Bob
    mcwho,

The color is awesome, can I ask what it is?
    Mk4 Roadster 20th Anniversary #8658. 04 of 20. 3.31 IRS.
    Forte 427 Dart, TKO 600, Quick Fuel 780 carb. Delivered 9/2/2015, First start/Go Cart 2/18/2017.
    Road Legal August 31, 2017

Post Thanks / Like
    Congrats!

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for all the Kudo's !

re Yama Bro we have 2 weiner dogs, pepper and Daisy

The color is a Ford color, Ruby Red, currently being used on Mustangs and F150, saw it on a neighbors Ford truck.
    its a tri coat, metallic base, bluish tint mid and clear coat, 12 coats in all not counting primer, pictures don't do it justice.
    Baghdad Bob

Complete Kit Delivered July 2010, serial @ 7287, Whitby Power Brakes, Whitby Tonneau, Power Steering w HEIDTS PS Valve, Hydralic clutch, 15" Wheels, BFG Tires, 331 stroker w Quick Fuel 650, RPM Heads, Air Gap Intake. IRS w 3.27, TKO-600. FFMETAL Firewall Forward, FFMETAL Dropped Battery Box in Trunk, Enlarged Passenger footbox, Breeze Cubby storage, Breeze Seat Brackets, Herbs Door Panels. Ford ruby red 12 coats.

Post Thanks / Like
    Looks great.

Post Thanks / Like
    Very nice; no worries - mine's #7404 and been taking my sweet time...should graduate this year...

Post Thanks / Like
    Bob-

Congratulations on getting her done. She is really a beautiful car. I love that paint job! Your son did a really special job, and I know you must be proud of him.

I hope you get to enjoy the heck out of it!

Regards,

Steve

Post Thanks / Like
    Congrats Bob. Looks great. I have FFR7622 and am getting ready to put on body. It'll be 6 years on the 10th of Oct. Nick

Post Thanks / Like
    Congratulations. Nice work!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Congrats, looks fantastic! Enjoy the smiles per miles mow.

Post Thanks / Like
    Congratulations Bob! Came out very nice. Look forward to seeing it in person. #7300 won't be far behind you. Picking it up from paint in just a few days.

Mike

Post Thanks / Like
    Looks Good!

PLATNUM Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nice Job! go enjoy the heck out of it!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Way to go Bob!

Congratulations on getting her to this point. Any further plans, or is she "done done"? How many miles do you have on her so far?

FFR 5369 Pin Drive, IRS, Trigos, Torsen, Wilwoods, FMS BOSS 302 "B" cam , Mass-flo. CA SB100 (SPCN) Registered
    Delivered 4/23/06. "Finished" 4/2012 (still not done!)

Post Thanks / Like
    That is awesome! Thanks for the motivation!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Looks awesome! Love the color and the combination of chrome and flat accents (looks bad a**). You must be so proud.
    Vince

Post Thanks / Like
    Its a a Ford color, Ruby Red.
    Last edited by mcwho; 10-12-2017 at 03:41 PM.
    Baghdad Bob

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Fugi View Post
    Looks awesome! Love the color and the combination of chrome and flat accents (looks bad a**). You must be so proud.
    Vince
    It will also have flat Black hood stripes as well, that on my details that follow.
    Baghdad Bob

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by David Hodgkins View Post
    Way to go Bob!

Congratulations on getting her to this point. Any further plans, or is she "done done"? How many miles do you have on her so far?

Thanks David....

Actually only have 64 miles so far, I am in the middle of moving, next town over but its hampering my ability to drive it.
    Baghdad Bob

Post Thanks / Like
    Good job!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Gatorguy View Post
    Congratulations Bob! Came out very nice. Look forward to seeing it in person. #7300 won't be far behind you. Picking it up from paint in just a few days.

Mike
    I didn't realize that you are only 13 or so serial numbers behind me. When did yours get delivered? Mine was July 24 2010.
    Baghdad Bob

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by David Hodgkins View Post
    Way to go Bob!

David,

This is my post complete task list....

Rewire the dashboard (it is removable)
    install door stops
    install exhaust heat shields ( lost one of th mounting clamps and had to order another)
    finish wiring in trunk for license light
    look at rivnuts for use on rear cockpit wall and look at tuck an roll vinyl
    rear wall behind seats and console cover are powdercoated flat black (for now)
    find small oil leak near oil reassure sender and oil filter
    finish getting blue off of billboard tires
    Baghdad Bob