Very Cool Parts

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: New MA inspection process Oct.1st

Post Thanks / Like

New MA inspection process Oct.1st

Any concerns with our Roadsters sidepipe DB ? Same sound car was designed with back in 65. MA emissions exempt build. New inspection process has cameras in the test bay. Inspection focus on modified exhaust sound, window tint, lifts, lowers.
    Good to August 18 anyway. Bill
    FFR 7644 MK IV. Coyote 5.0, Boss 302 Intake, Tremec TKO600, 8.8 rear 3 link, 3:73, Koni's, Wilwood brakes, 17" Halibrands, Nitto NT555's, SS side-pipes. Velocity Red Mica, Dark Silver stripes. Painted striped dash. Heated Leather seats. Heat, defrosters, wipers. Hidden bluetooth stereo.
    A dream come true.

Post Thanks / Like
    Add plate legibility to the list. I lost my single green plate this past month rejected because it was too faded.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a manta kit car that went through the State Police inspection about 13 years back. Went regular inspection for a few years with the sniffer test machines, and then they transitioned to the "older" new system (about 10 years or so ago) and I had to goto the MAC center inspection. At which point I got a emissions exemption etc for Kit car and due to age of engine/car/etc.
    For past 8-10 years I have been going to regular inspection station with no issue as emissions exempt. On Oct 10 2017 I went to get new sticker and the computer said I need to goto MAC again. I could not event get a rejection sticker. Simply could not process the car.

So I call the MAC number and get a range of answers depending on who I speak with. 1) It is a computer glitch go back and try again. or... 2) You need to get into new system and need to goto MAC once again...or.. 3) I will need to goto MAC every year moving forward.

They are supposed notify me for an appointment....is this happening to everyone that has a kit car?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    A new subcontractor is doing the work for the MAC. I spoke to my guy and he was going to be losing his job, probably for the new guys are operating from a coldstart will take them a little time to get up to speed I hope they give the service of the previous contractor did my guy was great for me.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yup, the contractors for Parsons were professional and good to work with. But, I do not understand why I need to redo the process back to square one, since I thought this was a state regulation/process. In the mean time I can not legally drive my car since the sticker is past EOM and I do not even get a rejection sticker. NADA.

Post Thanks / Like
    Got rejected as well. Still waiting for the MAC to call back.

Did anybody manage to get a sticker or some information on what to do ?

Post Thanks / Like
    So, after a number of weeks waiting I finally got a response from the MAC and they told me that I will be fine going to the local garage inspection station, but they need to contact him on phone while I am doing my inspection. In the mean time I decided to rebuild my FE....so trying to finish that up before I go back and before the snow settles in...or else I will wait for the spring....(glad I am not in RI they would try to penaize me $250 for late inspection...even though I have not been driving the car....)

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I'm stuck just the same here after 2 trips to station and 3 times on the phone with MAC.
    I await their call back with instructions on next steps.
    www.breezeautomotive.com 2005 FFR Mk3 Roadster, 302/340hp, MassFlo EFI, Breeze Pulleys, T5, Aluminum Flywheel, 3-link rear with Torsen Diff and 3.27:1 gears, Power Steering, Breeze Front Sway Bar, SN-95 Spindles with outboard SAI Mod, Breeze Battery Mount, QA1 Externally Adjustable Shocks, Quick Release Steering Wheel, Vintage Race seats, GM Arctic White, Sky Blue Scoop, Hidden Hinges, Billet Aluminum Side-view Mirrors, 2,183lbs wet. 1967 Mustang Fastback, Dark Moss Green, black interior, '67 14" styled steel wheels, 2000 Explorer 302 w 5.0 Cam, Quickfuel 450 CFM, 289 Hi-Po Dual exhaust, C4, lowering springs w Shelby drop.

Post Thanks / Like
    Called the MAC hotline back, my VIN is back in the system with the exempt flag. I am not sure who did put it back: the MAC hotline or the Norwood MAC center I was supposed to be contacted by .

Went back to the station and got my sticker (after some arguing about the fact that I have no wipers).