Forte's

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Anyone register their roadster in Hawaii?

Post Thanks / Like

Anyone register their roadster in Hawaii?

I am looking at a job opportunity in HI (3 years) and would obviously like to take my car with me. Are there any gotchas I need to know about? I am in MD and don’t need wipers, backup lights, or third brake light. I am also exempt from emissions. Anyone?

Post Thanks / Like
    It's not a roadster but this build was completed in HI

http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...ighlight=Aloha

Post Thanks / Like
    Check on leaving it tagged where it is now, out of state tagged cars are ok in other states! Although i do not know if hawaii will constantly give you grief over it?
    Mk3.1 347 AFR 205cc Heads A9L EFI siemens deca 60lb injectors MSD 6AL ignition Vortech V-3 3 Link PS/PB

-- If you can’t fix it with a hammer, you have an electrical problem ! —

Cobrapreneur
    Post Thanks / Like
    TPM3 — I’ll check with a guy I know. If he’s still active and has time to give some advice, he will reach out to you. I’ll send him the link to your post.
    Craig F

Post Thanks / Like
    TPM3, I built and registered mine here on Maui. I think transferring your registration will be easier, We have no emissions check (it all blows out to sea) BUT you need to pass a safety check which usually includes wipers, lights, horn. However some of the inspectors are fairly lenient and a replica of a older classic car wont be required to have things that weren't required back in 1965.
    What island are you moving to? Oahu is pretty congested so you'll bake in the sun sitting in traffic. Aloha, Karl

Post Thanks / Like
    The job is on Oahu. I spent some time over the weekend and it looks like I will need wipers to pass the safety inspection. I have the wipers from when I bought the kit. I have the wiring and switch installed. Just never installed the wipers themselves. Anyone know how hard it is to install wipers on a finished car?

Post Thanks / Like
    Doug
    FFR 7995
    347 SBF Prestige Mototsports, Moser 8.8 (3.31) 3 Link, TKO 600, Nitto 555s, 17" Halibrands, PS, AC, Heat, Color Redfire Pearl, with Wimbledon White Stripes