Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Project Blackbird and Gen 3 FFR Daytona Coupe

Superstition Mtn foothills 5 miles west of Gold Canyon AZ
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Project Blackbird and Gen 3 FFR Daytona Coupe

I haven't seen a discussion on something I have been seeing in some e-mails and websites regarding a build project called "Project Blackbird". The thing that got me interested was repeated views of what looked to me like a Gen 3 FFR Coupe (just body at first). I finally saw a pic that cinched it for me as far as IDing the FFR part of it (the chassis no mistaking that!). So it looks like Speedmaster or ProComp Electronics is building, at least, one Daytona Coupe they are calling "Blackbird" after the skunkworks famous spy plane. They avoided all the custom and shipping issues by assembling in the US west coast distributor. It is supposed to be at this years SEMA show (seven week build). I hear this is a prototype build for the beginnings of selling completed cars featuring many of their racing products. Sure seems FFR is going global (Australian) from many different perspectives.

WEK.
    FFR MkIII 302 (ATK), EFI 75mm TB with custom box plenum chamber, 24# injectors, 4 tube BBK ceramic, cold air sys, alum flywheel, crane roller rockers, T5, Wilwood pedals, custom five link with Watt's link, 4 rotors, coil overs, power steering with Heidt valve, alum FFR rad, driver's crash bar mod, mini dead pedal mod, quick release steering wheel hub #6046

Post Thanks / Like
    SR 71. Now there's a cool license plate.
    Later,
    Chris

"There are no more monsters to fear, and so, we have to build our own."
    Mk3.1 #7074