Forte's

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: MkIV Coyote Eng Harness and Fit

Post Thanks / Like

MkIV Coyote Eng Harness and Fit

DSCN3723.JPGDSCN3732.JPGDSCN3731.JPGDSCN3730.JPGDSCN3729.JPGDSCN3727.JPGDSCN3726.JPGDSCN3725.JPGDSCN3724.JPGDSCN3733.JPG

Here are some pics of my attempts to get the engine harness in place. I like having the ECU on top of the PS foot box and do not see any issues with that location. It puts the gang plugs toward the front and accessible, I think. Are you guys using the 4 holes on the outer edge of the unit for mounting?
    I can turn the alum side up or down, do not know which is best yet.
    Also some pics of the dip stick with the crank damper less than 1/2" and 3/4" off the cross member.
    I did split the wiring loom and got enough O2 sensor lead to reach the PS header. I guess the lead will have to run across the top of the valve cover. I have not noticed this in other builds. I have a couple of more pictures, I will attach in a reply thread. I will have to balance the harness length to reach the DS O2. The connectors need to be close to the lower edge of the valve covers on both sides.
    I do not think the main harness will look bad, zip tied to the engine harness on the back of the engine. I do not know how much the body will cover.
    I like the PD box on the engine side of the firewall and think it will work. Moving it to the center of the car shortens the wires to the gas pedal too much.
    I am posting this, for advise and will gladly consider any. Thanks,
    20th Anniversary Mk IV, A50XS Coyote, TKO 600, Trunk Drop Box, Trunk Battery Box, Cubby Hole, Seat Heaters, Radiator hanger and shroud.

Post Thanks / Like
    Additional pictures, sorry for the random order, poor lighting, clutter, etc. DSCN3734.JPGDSCN3735.JPGDSCN3738.JPG

Just noticed how high the PDB is on the firewall. Will this interfere with the wiper cable?
    Last edited by Railroad; 10-03-2017 at 03:56 PM.
    20th Anniversary Mk IV, A50XS Coyote, TKO 600, Trunk Drop Box, Trunk Battery Box, Cubby Hole, Seat Heaters, Radiator hanger and shroud.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Railroad View Post
    Additional pictures, sorry for the random order, poor lighting, clutter, etc. DSCN3734.JPGDSCN3735.JPGDSCN3738.JPG

Just notices how high the PDB is on the firewall. Will this interfere with the wiper cable?
    Is that the Gen1 Coyote?
    MK4 #9028 - Coyote - TKO600
    Delivery: 1/30/17 First Start: 7/23/17 Legal: 10/5/17 Graduated: 10/15/18
    Build thread: http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...8-Build-Thread

Post Thanks / Like
    I do not think so. This should tell you more than I know,

https://performanceparts.ford.com/part/M-6007-A50XS

also showing this engine, no longer available, probably replaced with the 5.2.
    Last edited by Railroad; 10-03-2017 at 03:55 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jdav View Post
    Is that the Gen1 Coyote?
    Kinda sorta. The same time period as the Gen 1 Coyote. But the M-6007-A50XS has a whole bunch of different parts. Heads, intake, throttle body, pistons, rods, oil pan, and so on. Rated at 500+ HP. Plus hand built at a different plant than the production Coyotes. Should be a beast.

Quote Originally Posted by Railroad View Post
    Just noticed how high the PDB is on the firewall. Will this interfere with the wiper cable?
    Looks a bit high. Just measured mine. You need at least 1-3/4 inches from the top of the cowl to clear the cable and wiper boxes. The cowl resting on the bulb seal will be a bit higher than the firewall. But not much.
    Build 1: Mk3 Roadster #5125. Sold 11/08/2014. Build 2: Mk4 Roadster #7750. Sold 04/10/2017. Build Thread
    Build 3: Mk4 Roadster 20th Anniversary #8674. Sold 09/07/2020. Build Thread and Video. Build 4: Gen 3 Type 65 Coupe #59. Gen 3 Coyote. Legal 03/04/2020. Build Thread and Video
    Build 5: 35 Hot Rod Truck #138. LS3 and 4L65E auto. Rcvd 01/05/2021. Legal 04/20/2023. Build Thread. Sold 11/9/2023.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks edwardb. I guess, I am going to follow the FF manual and start cutting wires. I do not think I want the O2 wires across the top of the valve covers.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by edwardb View Post
    Kinda sorta. The same time period as the Gen 1 Coyote. But the M-6007-A50XS has a whole bunch of different parts. Heads, intake, throttle body, pistons, rods, oil pan, and so on. Rated at 500+ HP. Plus hand built at a different plant than the production Coyotes. Should be a beast.
    Cool - i was asking because the PDB looks different than mine and didnt want to comment on placement if it was using the older harness.
    MK4 #9028 - Coyote - TKO600
    Delivery: 1/30/17 First Start: 7/23/17 Legal: 10/5/17 Graduated: 10/15/18
    Build thread: http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...8-Build-Thread

Post Thanks / Like
    I placed the PDB on the other side of the firewall over top the trans tunnel. If you're installing wipers I'd be concerned your present PDB location will be in the way.
    My ECU hung vertically over the passenger footbox. Connections facing up. The cabling to and from the PDB ran behind the fire wall, through the opening at the far right to the ECU. From the ECU, forward along the 3/4" square tubing then across to the front of the engjne. Break out the O2 sensor cables and the MAF cables.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jdav View Post
    Cool - i was asking because the PDB looks different than mine and didnt want to comment on placement if it was using the older harness.
    I do not know what Generation the engine is, but it does not use the charge control valves and does use the 11-14 wiring harness. The harness has less nannies it seems.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Howard View Post
    I placed the PDB on the other side of the firewall over top the trans tunnel. If you're installing wipers I'd be concerned your present PDB location will be in the way.
    My ECU hung vertically over the passenger footbox. Connections facing up. The cabling to and from the PDB ran behind the fire wall, through the opening at the far right to the ECU. From the ECU, forward along the 3/4" square tubing then across to the front of the engjne. Break out the O2 sensor cables and the MAF cables.
    That is a lot of good information for my application. I will print it out and take to the shop (barn) with me.
    Thanks guys, I was really going at this from an untried approach, which did not show promise.

Post Thanks / Like
    I got my splicing done and the O2 leads are good.
    I have the ECU real close to being in position. It looks like I might have some extra harness to hide in the ECU area.
    Does anyone have a good pic of how they mounted their ECU 2011-14 harness in a MkIV. I think I ran across one, but cannot relocate it. It seems like the main plugs will be facing down as DaleG did with his. I can fab up some alum brackets to mount the ECU. Looking for advise on whether to mount alum side of the ECU in or out from the engine.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for all the pics, this helps with my Coyote swap a ton.

Post Thanks / Like
    You can get O2 sensor wires custom made to length very cheaply. Don't remember the vendor - use search here - but they have worked out great with 100% compatible plugs.
    Kevin
    MKIV #8234
    Coyote '14/TKO-600/3-Link 3:55 Rear
    I love the smell of 100 octane in the morning.
    NITTO NT01 275X40X17ZR - 315X35ZRX17
    Delivered 2/7/14 - Plate "COYOTE NC1965" 3/25/15