Midwest Classic Insurance

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Is Whitby Motorcars still around???

Post Thanks / Like

Is Whitby Motorcars still around???

Hey everyone:

Just trying to find out if Whitby is still in business. You see, I had an order for their SAI Mod kit placed almost six months ago, and not only have I not received this part, but can't seem to get an answer from Jeff (owner) as to when -or if- I'll ever get my part. I don't know if anyone else has had this issue with Whitby, but my build has been at a stand-still. Any help and/or answers will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Carlos
    FFR Coupe #0635; Ford 347ci, Tremec TKO500, 8.8 rear end w/ 3.27:1 gears, Cobra/SVO brakes

Post Thanks / Like
    Jeff only runs the SAI kit production in batches. I seem to remember waiting quite a while for mine. Call the main number and ask. (336) 389-0904.
    Mike............

FFR2100 - 331 with KB supercharger - T5 - 5 link rear 3.08's and T2 Torsen.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike N View Post
    Jeff only runs the SAI kit production in batches. I seem to remember waiting quite a while for mine. Call the main number and ask. (336) 389-0904.
    Surely Carlos (the customer) should have been made aware of this when he placed the order. Jeff ???

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Barrel View Post
    Surely Carlos (the customer) should have been made aware of this when he placed the order. Jeff ???
    Yeah that never happens
    Yes, they are in business just got of the phone. I know I will never buy anything from them again. Horrible customer service, I have been waiting since May to get a power brake modification kit from them. I called a bunch of times and finally got ahold of Jeff and he always promises its going to be shipped out that day or the next. Then nothing, I call over 20 time to find out the status of my kit. Most the time I have to leave a message because the person answer the phone can do nothing but take messages. When Jeff doses gets back to me which was only a few times he would give me empty promises. In August I did receive part of the kit but now I am waiting on the modified brake pedal. I have been promised by Jeff that it would ship the next day 3 times now over the last month or so. I have dealt with many vendors from this forum and on FFCars.com, Whitby Motor Cars is by far the WORST! I am in the process of disputing the charge for the kit.
    MKIV #9122 Ordered kit 5/24/17 received kit 8/11/17 MK4 Base kit +,First Start 4/7/18, First Go-Cart 4/22/18, In gelcoat, licensed and driving 8/11/18. Coyote gen2, T-56, 2015 IRS 3.31, 17" Halibrand replicas w/Nitto NT555 G2, Withby Motorcars power brake kit W/Wilwood pedals, 04 Cobra front brakes, 15 Mustang rear brakes with mods, power steering. Paint Jeff Miller Da Bat, Lexus Spectra Blue Mica W/Toyota Silver Sky Metallic strips. Build thread: http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...Paul2STL-Build

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul2STL View Post
    Yeah that never happens
    Yes, they are in business just got of the phone. I know I will never buy anything from them again. Horrible customer service, I have been waiting since May to get a power brake modification kit from them. I called a bunch of times and finally got ahold of Jeff and he always promises its going to be shipped out that day or the next. Then nothing, I call over 20 time to find out the status of my kit. Most the time I have to leave a message because the person answer the phone can do nothing but take messages. When Jeff doses gets back to me which was only a few times he would give me empty promises. In August I did receive part of the kit but now I am waiting on the modified brake pedal. I have been promised by Jeff that it would ship the next day 3 times now over the last month or so. I have dealt with many vendors from this forum and on FFCars.com, Whitby Motor Cars is by far the WORST! I am in the process of disputing the charge for the kit.
    This sounds too similar to my situation. During the 5 1/2 months, I've only been able to get him on the phone once, while the rest of the time, it's his receptionist whom will only take messages, but never get a call back from him. I've been slightly luckier using email as an attempt to communicate with him, but he has only replied three times. The first time, he promised a delivery date of 3 - 4 weeks; the second, an additional 3 weeks; the last time was over a month ago, and when I asked for an update, he only replied with the question of "What's your shipping address?", which he already had, but refused to give me any answers. I'm still here waiting for parts I should've received almost 5 months ago. That's why I'm wondering if he's still running a business.

Carlos
    FFR Coupe #0635; Ford 347ci, Tremec TKO500, 8.8 rear end w/ 3.27:1 gears, Cobra/SVO brakes