Forte's

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Registration in MA

Post Thanks / Like

Registration in MA

Question for anyone that has recently registered a FFR car in MA. I was speaking with the FFR tech and was told that u need a pre 74 donor car that has been registered in MA for 1 year. After thinking about this I starting thinking what about the GTM's and 818's that use newer donor cars, how are they registered. So my question is "what is the process of registration in MA with regard to donor cars?" I know the MAC process and paperwork trail for the state police but the FFR tech basically said you can't register a FFR car without a pre 74 donor.

Any Clarification on this would be appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    It doesn't have to be a donor. What you're doing is getting the emissions exemption from the car you have crushed. In my case my "crusher" was a 1972 Mercedes with a 4.5 liter v8. The EPA/dep classifies a small v8 as one that is between 4.0 and 5.3 liters. (244 - 327 cubic inches) the range for medium and large v8s is similar.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank You
    When did you do this, Recent? Also was there any issue in getting the declaration letter from the crushing yard or is this a common thing for them?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Did this last month, no problem with the scrap yard, I gave them 2 copies of the dep form, with my info filled out,and a stamped self addressed envelope. Got the paperwork back in about 10 days. I used car heaven in Berlin, mass. On the recommendation of someone on this forum.