Midwest Classic Insurance

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: sniper fuel injection

Post Thanks / Like

sniper fuel injection

I am going to put a sniper fuel injection unit on my car this winter and was wondering where others have put the O2 sensor? please post with pictures if possible.

Post Thanks / Like
    I saw that you hadn't had any response today so I thought I'd give you my thoughts. I'm sure there are some here at this forum that have used Holley. The headers and sidepipes that you plan to use are critical to making this decision.
    I looked at Holley as a Efi solution, but after finding out that they were on back order for months and that the O2 sensor should used on a bank of cylinders, I went elsewhere( mostly because of the availability). Fitech system 600 lets you use one tube in the headers for the O2 sensor. That's the system I went with and it works great so far. I did not want to put the O2 sensor in the side pipes as I plan to change them some day and the sensor would be at the wrong angle making it corrode quickly.
    It may be worth a call to Holley to see if their system could run on one tube if that's the way you want to go.
    IMG_0060.JPG

Post Thanks / Like
    When I called Holley about using a single tube for my Terminator EFI, they said no way. So I put my O2 sensor in the side pipe collector just in front of the muffler with the angle violating the O2 sensor instructions. I felt comfortable doing so based on the results of an informal poll on the other forum (http://www.ffcars.com/forums/17-fact...nsor-fail.html). I figured there have to be at least a hundred of F5s out there with their O2 sensors angled incorrectly, and I was able to identify only one failure.

If it fails, then it fails. If it fails too often, then I'll probably plug the original bung and put it sticking straight down into the collector.

What sucks about the Holley O2 sensors is that they're impedance matched by hand. That means you have to buy Holley's $200 sensor, and not just some $65 sensor off Amazon.

John
    MK IV Roadster #8631
    Ford 302, Holley Terminator EFI, T5z, 3.55 Rear End, IRS, 17” Halibrand Replicas (9” front, 10.5” rear), Nitto 555 G2’s (275/40ZR17 front, 315/35ZR17 rear), Fast Freddie’s Power Steering, F5 Wilwood Brakes, FFMetal’s Firewall Forward, Forte’s Hydraulic Clutch & Throttle Linkage
    https://www.ffcars.com/threads/phile.../#post-4776313

Post Thanks / Like
    This only applies if you want custom headers. These work perfectly for my application. Ford Racing Z427 with Edelbrock E-Street

Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by brewha View Post
    I saw that you hadn't had any response today so I thought I'd give you my thoughts. I'm sure there are some here at this forum that have used Holley. The headers and sidepipes that you plan to use are critical to making this decision.
    I looked at Holley as a Efi solution, but after finding out that they were on back order for months and that the O2 sensor should used on a bank of cylinders, I went elsewhere( mostly because of the availability). Fitech system 600 lets you use one tube in the headers for the O2 sensor. That's the system I went with and it works great so far. I did not want to put the O2 sensor in the side pipes as I plan to change them some day and the sensor would be at the wrong angle making it corrode quickly.
    It may be worth a call to Holley to see if their system could run on one tube if that's the way you want to go.
    IMG_0060.JPG
    my buddy ordered one last Saturday and they told him 14 weeks but it came Thursday so they must be getting caught up. I have no problem putting it in the side pipe but want to see where other people mounted theirs.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    My sniper mounted on the j-pipe.and has worked very well.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CDXXVII View Post
    This only applies if you want custom headers. These work perfectly for my application. Ford Racing Z427 with Edelbrock E-Street

Where did you get those headers????

Post Thanks / Like
    nobody with a set of 4 into 4 side pipes with a o2 sensor?

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a FAST EZ EFI system. 4 into 4 side pipe - I have the O2 sensor in the passenger side collector, a bit of a downward angle (the wrong way). Two summers now and no problem. I ran the same location with the Ford factory EFI except also the drivers side collector. 8 years with no issues. Just my experience so far.

Geoff

Post Thanks / Like
    finished up my sniper install and here is where I put my o2 sensor used a big grommet through the body.
    Attached Images Attached Images