Midwest Classic Insurance

Visit our community sponsor

Thread: hazard light switch?

hazard light switch?

What is everybody using for their hazard light switch?
    I need something 4 pole.

Lucas OEM style blade with two-position rocker (on/off).
    Later,
    Chris

"There are no more monsters to fear, and so, we have to build our own."
    Mk3.1 #7074

use a on off switch with diodes on the two wires going to the lights.

I used an ON-[OFF]-ON dual pole, dual throw switch. It has 6 spade connectors on the back (if you've got a complete kit there should be one included). Connect power to the bottom spades and your indicators to the middle spades (each side gets one spade). With the switch in the bottom position, nothing is connected and so everything stays off. With the switch in the upper position, the connection is made and the indicators flash.

The dual pole means you don't need any diodes. If you use a single pole single throw switch like alv69 then you will need the diodes.

John
    MK IV Roadster #8631
    Ford 302, Holley Terminator EFI, T5z, 3.55 Rear End, IRS, 17” Halibrand Replicas (9” front, 10.5” rear), Nitto 555 G2’s (275/40ZR17 front, 315/35ZR17 rear), Fast Freddie’s Power Steering, F5 Wilwood Brakes, FFMetal’s Firewall Forward, Forte’s Hydraulic Clutch & Throttle Linkage

Quote Originally Posted by phileas_fogg View Post
    I used an ON-[OFF]-ON dual pole, dual throw switch. It has 6 spade connectors on the back (if you've got a complete kit there should be one included). Connect power to the bottom spades and your indicators to the middle spades (each side gets one spade). With the switch in the bottom position, nothing is connected and so everything stays off. With the switch in the upper position, the connection is made and the indicators flash.

The dual pole means you don't need any diodes. If you use a single pole single throw switch like alv69 then you will need the diodes.

John
    If you only use ONE signal indicator lamp, you will still need diodes, even with a DPDT.
    I'm just a victim of a thousand physic wars!
    www.weendoggy.com/cobra.htm

Quote Originally Posted by weendoggy View Post
    If you only use ONE signal indicator lamp, you will still need diodes, even with a DPDT.
    Yep. Silly me; I just assumed a pair of indicator lights. My bad.

John
    MK IV Roadster #8631
    Ford 302, Holley Terminator EFI, T5z, 3.55 Rear End, IRS, 17” Halibrand Replicas (9” front, 10.5” rear), Nitto 555 G2’s (275/40ZR17 front, 315/35ZR17 rear), Fast Freddie’s Power Steering, F5 Wilwood Brakes, FFMetal’s Firewall Forward, Forte’s Hydraulic Clutch & Throttle Linkage

I thought that the switch would be included. Hm, wonder what else I will need.
    (ordered MK4 complete kit)
    Life is short, so start living it.

Build thread: http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...-in-the-garage!
    delivery date: ~10/14/2017

Quote Originally Posted by broku518 View Post
    I thought that the switch would be included. Hm, wonder what else I will need.
    (ordered MK4 complete kit)
    A double pole toggle switch is included with the complete kit. As are all the other switches, e.g. turn signal, high/low beams, horn, headlight, ignition, etc. Not everyone chooses to use them, therefore the different answers you're getting here. Many want Lucas style switches, for example, which is different than the supplied hazard toggle. Plus Lucas doesn't make a double pole, so it's necessary to do the diode approach if that's what you want.
    Build 1: Mk3 Roadster #5125. Sold 11/08/2014.
    Build 2: Mk4 Roadster #7750. Sold 04/10/2017. #7750 Build Thread
    Build 3: Mk4 Roadster 20th Anniversary #8674. 03 of 20. Deliv: 08/05/2015. 2015 crate Coyote, 2015 IRS. Legal 04/18/2017. Red/white club for the third time. #8674 Build Thread

Thank you edwardb.
    Life is short, so start living it.

Build thread: http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...-in-the-garage!
    delivery date: ~10/14/2017