Boig Motorsports

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: New guy looking to build a Type 65 in Utah

Post Thanks / Like

New guy looking to build a Type 65 in Utah

Hey,

I have loved the Daytonas for a long time and I am considering ordering a kit. My requirements or expectations might be a little off of the normal, so I was wondering if there is anyone that has one in Utah I could swing over and see? I havent ever seen one in person, and I would like to get a feel for it.

I also have a few concerns about how loud they are and what can be done to make them more enjoyable on longer cruises etc.

Thank you in advance.

Post Thanks / Like
    https://www.zeemaps.com/map?group=117342

Two coupes in Utah

Hope that helps

John
    Finished the "My Coupe, my way" project.

http://s956.photobucket.com/albums/ae46/jdcoupe1969/
    Coupe #386,17" Team III 245 FR 315 RR, 3-link, T5, 4 wheel disk, power brakes/steering. Sniper EFI
    First start Sept. 18 2013 First go kart Sept 19 2013

Post Thanks / Like
    I ordered a kit that will be ready at the end of January. If you decide to take the plunge, let me know and I'll grab your kit when I get mine and bring it back to Colorado and shorten your drive I'll split the fuel cost with you . . . .

I'm excited for the build and can't wait to get started.

Post Thanks / Like
    I'll be getting my coupe in mid-Feb. I'm in Utah County! You?

Post Thanks / Like
    Ear plugs work

Post Thanks / Like
    I suggest that you make the trip to Huntington Beach for the Huntington Beach Cruise-In, April 28th (event is on Main street, directly across from the HB Pier). You will get to see many Coupes, and their owners will be more then happy to talk your ears off about them. If you ask nicely, I'm sure many of the Coupe owners will be happy to let you sit in theirs for a trial fit.

This is the largest gathering of F5 products anywhere on the West coast. This years event will be the 11th (official) gathering and it just gets bigger and better with time . . . search for posts regarding this event and you'll see plenty of info and some pre-weekend get together's that might interest you.

I'm pretty sure there are more then two Coupe owners in Utah then the map shows . . . not everyone posts their location. Look into the Utah Cobra owners group and find where they meet up.

Doc
    Last edited by Big Blocker; 01-26-2018 at 01:31 PM.
    FFR3712K (MKII) in Lost Wages Nevada.
    5.0 w/tubular GT-40 EFI, E303 cam, Custom 4 into 4 headers, T5, 3-Link 3.73 rear. Full F5 tubular suspension. Drop Butt mod, Dash forward mod, custom foot box air vents, custom turn signal system. 13" PBR brakes, Fiero E-Brake mod, Flaming River 18:1 rack w/ F5 bump steer kit on Breeze bushings. 17" Chrome Cobra "R's" w/ 275 fronts and 315 rears. MKIV seats. FORD Royal Blue w/ Arctic White stripes.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    The best advise I can give is to find one and see how easy you fit into it, it was once said it’s easier to get in and out if a 55 gal barrel then a Daytona

Post Thanks / Like
    The gen 3 is no longer an issue

Post Thanks / Like
    Dexter1969 - as someone new and interested in Type 65s, I am interested in hearing if you found one to look at, made the trip to Huntington Beach and thoughts after seeing one in person. I'm headed to EAA FlyIn next week and will visit with F5 folks and see the new '35 truck and the Type 65 for the 1st time.