Very Cool Parts

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Show us your Aussie Factory Five!

Post Thanks / Like

Show us your Aussie Factory Five!

Hi everyone. So we now have our own little slice of this forum so thought it might be cool to get a collection of some Aussie built Factory Five's that other current and future builders might like to see, and to know who they could go to with any queries or just to share a beer with. I will start with mine

Factory Five Mk4 Roadster
    Based in Perth, WA

Took me 4 years to build it and I got it registered in 2015. I bought it direct from the USA, and converted it to RHD myself, also swapping out the engine mounts to install the LS3. As you can see it is still in gelcoat, but the plan is to rectify that this summer (if only I could choose a colour!!). Here is a couple more pics:

Any questions, I wouold be happy to help.
    Tim
    FFR MkIV #7393 - LS3, TR6060, 8.8" - Registered 2015 - Painted 2019
    HSV Clubsport R8
    Kwaka ZX-14R

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Tim
    lovely car. I'm thinking about the 818 as a starting project with a view to building the 65 eventually and when I find the money. I'm in Perth as well. Do you have a sense the true cost building and registering a car in Australia? A guestimation would be helpful so I know how much I will need.
    Hopefully I will have a car to show off in the next few years.
    Cheers
    Braden

Post Thanks / Like

Perth 818

Quote Originally Posted by Braden View Post
    Hi Tim
    lovely car. I'm thinking about the 818 as a starting project with a view to building the 65 eventually and when I find the money. I'm in Perth as well. Do you have a sense the true cost building and registering a car in Australia? A guestimation would be helpful so I know how much I will need.
    Hopefully I will have a car to show off in the next few years.
    Cheers
    Braden
    Hey Braden, l know your post is more than 6 months old,[new to forum] but lm also in Perth and my 818C is nearing completion. would very much like to catch you sometime to compare notes. Cheers

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Benni,

I'm In Perth & was thinking of builing a 818C
    I would love to see your's if possible
    Is there Many other 818's in Perth?

Regards
    Brett

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi guys, my apologies to Brett for not checking this site sooner. My 818 is now licenced and running very well. The rego process was much easier than l feared, the only issue was a small paperwork problem between my engineer and the licence centre. There are, as far as l know, six 818's in Perth, one accident damaged and parked up, two kits started and two untouched [one of those is for sale]. If anyone wants to talk 818's, or is interested in buying a kit, Im happy to talk. Cheers

file:///C:/Users/jbenn/OneDrive/Pictures/20210606_093240.jpg

(copy and paste into a new tab)

Post Thanks / Like

818c kit

Quote Originally Posted by Benni Oz View Post
    Hi guys, my apologies to Brett for not checking this site sooner. My 818 is now licenced and running very well. The rego process was much easier than l feared, the only issue was a small paperwork problem between my engineer and the licence centre. There are, as far as l know, six 818's in Perth, one accident damaged and parked up, two kits started and two untouched [one of those is for sale]. If anyone wants to talk 818's, or is interested in buying a kit, Im happy to talk. Cheers

file:///C:/Users/jbenn/OneDrive/Pictures/20210606_093240.jpg

(copy and paste into a new tab)
    Hi mate,

Lindsay here. I'm based in Perth and interested in making an 818 without paying a ridiculous amount for shipping. Aware it's been a while since your post; would you still be free to have a chat about building the 818 and pointing me in the direction of a kit over here?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MrH89 View Post
    Hi mate,

Lindsay here. I'm based in Perth and interested in making an 818 without paying a ridiculous amount for shipping. Aware it's been a while since your post; would you still be free to have a chat about building the 818 and pointing me in the direction of a kit over here?
    Hi Lindsay, l would definitely be keen to have a chat. Im available anytime. Send a message but lm not sure how we go about exchanging contacts.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BrettR View Post
    Hi Benni,

I'm In Perth & was thinking of builing a 818C
    I would love to see your's if possible
    Is there Many other 818's in Perth?

Regards
    Brett
    Hi Brett, the same as Lindsay, l would be very keen to talk. Drop me a message. l will keep a eye on this page.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Benni, have PMd you.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi, I am trying to build a Rod 33 which is been sitting in my shed since 2017. I am based in Melton area, Melbourne. Anyone in Melbourne who is going or gone through the same build? Would love to hear from you.