FormaCars

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Bell housing

Post Thanks / Like

Bell housing

I replaced my 9.1 “ deep rear sump oil pan with a 7.5” rear sump pan. Doesn’t hang below the frame rails now. The quicktime bell housing is the lowest part now. Does it hurt anything if I trim an inch or two off of the bottom of the bell housing.

Thanks

Ken
    MK4 Roadster # 8548, Ford Performance X427, TKO 600, 8.8 3 Link, Paint by Jeff Miller, Suspension setup by Frank Maslowski I.E.427

Post Thanks / Like
    Although not a Ford product I did this on an LS swap Quick time bellhousing. This kept the bellhousing flat with the oil pan.

100_2905.JPG

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kobra01 View Post
    I replaced my 9.1 “ deep rear sump oil pan with a 7.5” rear sump pan. Doesn’t hang below the frame rails now. The quicktime bell housing is the lowest part now. Does it hurt anything if I trim an inch or two off of the bottom of the bell housing.

Thanks

Ken
    Only hurts if you want to maintain your SFI rating. Not sure about going as much as two inches but we cut at least an inch off a friends Quicktime with no issue. I purchased the non SFI rated Quicktime for myself and it does not hang low.