Very Cool Parts

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Dash and Dash Support Position

Post Thanks / Like

Dash and Dash Support Position

I am sure this question has been asked thousands of times, but here I go again.

With most of the electrical done, I am trying to make sure my dash is in the right position. I have it placed based on where the dash support connects the bottom of the dash and the transmission tunnel. It sits below the top chassis bow at the middle by 3/8". It is pretty much even with the bow at the edges. See picture below.

In this position the bottom of the dash support contacts the transmission tunnel cover 6 7/8"" from the vertical aluminum piece at the front. See picture.

Again, in this position the dash tips forward at about 30 degrees from vertical.

Does this all seem correct? Am I in the ballpark?

Finally, what is the process for making the curves (bends) at the ends? Thanks. Joel

Dash RS 1.jpg

Dash Support RS 1.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Have you seen the supplementary instructions on the FFR Parts website ( under Instructions)? It has the measurement at 5.75 inches and has photos also.
    build thread: http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...-USRRC-vspeeds

Build School: July 14-16, 2017
    Kit purchased: July 25, 2017
    Kit delivered: September 13, 2017
    First Start: December 22, 2018
    Body painted and kit completed and drivable: July 2019 (but still not done)
    CA SB100 Registration: January 2020

Mk4 - 289 USRRC Roadster kit, Roush 427SR with Schneider Racing custom camshaft, Fitech EFI, TKO600 (.64-5th gear), 15" wheels, stock brake calipers, under car exhaust with Spintech 7000 muffler, no roll bar, Russ Thompson turn signal, removable steering wheel, and many other small upgrades and modifications

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mk4 is the same way. I ended up using about the same measurement as you due to fact that if I put it where the manual stated the mounting faces wouldn't mount to to the transmission or dash correctly. I ended up with the same overhang of the top loop as you. I plan on using some 1" 90 deg aluminum pieces that will drop down from the upper tube so that I can get the mounting bolts symmetrical with the body line.