Very Cool Parts

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: FFR heater control knob options?

Post Thanks / Like

FFR heater control knob options?

Looking to see what else is available for FFR heat control knob?

Currently have the headlight switch which is billet. I could always match the heater knob to be billet too.

Although, i would rather see something more period correct for the headlight switch and heater knob if possible?

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm with you. The mismatch of all of the knob types is something I would like to avoid and have been attempting to source the original, black fluted knobs so that all would be consistent. I was able to get the wiper switch and fluted knob from Hilbank Racing but so far have struck out on the headlight switch, heater switch, etc. I'm looking for the switches in the picture below that i saw on a car recently.

Dash Knobs RS.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Superformance Parts, has those knobs that japollon wants. I like the era correct look of them.

http://shopsuperformance.com/index.p...ort=20a&page=2

I don't see one with heater on it, but perhaps it's elsewhere in the catalog under heater parts. Not sure what would be involved in attaching them to the switches. Epoxy perhaps?

Post Thanks / Like
    I replace the heater knob with this one:
    https://www.summitracing.com/int/par...8400/overview/

I had to enlarge the hole. Easy.

The shape is very close to the headlight knob but it's polished aluminium instead of chrome. Buy 2 if you want them to match.

Post Thanks / Like
    If Brute Force doesn't work, you're not using enough of it.
    Basic Stuff: MK4 Complete Kit #8439, Wilwood's, 17" Halibrands. Extra Stuff: Stainless brake and fuel lines, Breeze cooling, Battery mount, SS Roll Bar. Old Fart Stuff: Heater, Seat Heaters, Footbox Fresh Air, Stereo, Keyless ignition, Power Steering, Hyd Clutch.
    Young & Dumb Stuff: 427w Dart, TKO600, 3 link Moser M9/Ford 9", 3.5:1, Eaton TruTrac Posi. Graduation Thread

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I wanted to keep my dash knobs/switches to a minimum, so I mounted both Heater Control knobs and seat heater switches under the dash.
    F5R #7446: MK4, 302, T5 midshift, 3.55 Posi IRS, 17" Halibrands
    Delivered 4/4/11, First start 9/29/12, Licensed 4/24/13, off to PAINT 2/15/14!! Wahoo!

Post Thanks / Like
    thanks guys.

The superformance units look great.
    I will try to use their wiper knob and replace the FFR wiper kit switch with something that rotates and accept the Superformance knob.
    I have the ron francis light switch that hopefully will accept the Superformance knob.
    I also have the FFR heater kit that the Superformance knob will hopefull fit too.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by tcsracing1 View Post
    thanks guys.

The superformance units look great.
    I will try to use their wiper knob and replace the FFR wiper kit switch with something that rotates and accept the Superformance knob.
    I have the ron francis light switch that hopefully will accept the Superformance knob.
    I also have the FFR heater kit that the Superformance knob will hopefull fit too.
    The Superformance knobs need to be modified to fit. They have a hexagonal shaped opening.

Superformance will sell you the knobs but don't be in a hurry. Their cars come from South Africa with the knobs installed and they get a batch of spares sporadically. 8 weeks, 12 weeks they really can't tell you.

-Steve
    Mk IV #8901 - Complete kit, Coyote, TKO-600, IRS. Ordered 5/23/16, Delivered 7/14/16, First Start 8/13/17, First Go-Kart 10/22/17, Registered and Completed 10/18/18. Build Thread: http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...V-Coyote-Build Graduation Thread: https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...-Roadster-8901

Post Thanks / Like
    tcsracing....I've also ordered the stuff from Superformance. I'll let you know what it looks like when it arrives. Joel

Post Thanks / Like
    I got some of my stuff from Hillbank (parts distributor for Superformance) and the rest came from a place in Belgium called Angloparts.com. I also used a reproduction Ford headlight knob and bezel (along with ignition switch and lighter).

.... and full dash in the car:

Later,
    Chris

"There are no more monsters to fear, and so, we have to build our own."
    Mk3.1 #7074

Post Thanks / Like
    http://www.cobrarestorers.com/ also has "push", "Pull" and blank knobs.

I put my heater controls in the glove box. Less is more on the dashboard for me.

Post Thanks / Like
    I went with the Superformance knobs. For my Heater, headlights and wipers. Everything else will be toggle.
    I have to buy the Superformance wiper switch however. It is "twist" whereas the FFR is a "toggle".

Post Thanks / Like
    Tried to match the FFR light switch to keep everything consistent. Have an electric temperature control & the 3 speed heater fan. Got the two knobs with set screws to match the shaft flats for a few dollars at Summit Racing. The switch bezels are engraved Bronco parts. Will switch the gauges over to SpeedHut this winter when they finally get here, in art work now but a lot of a lead time on them. At the same time will install the banana brace & do the rest of the annual bolt check & fluid changes.

Last edited by BEAR-AvHistory; 12-10-2017 at 01:58 PM.
    Kevin
    MKIV #8234
    Coyote '14/TKO-600/3-Link 3:55 Rear
    I love the smell of 100 octane in the morning.
    NITTO NT01 275X40X17ZR - 315X35ZRX17
    Delivered 2/7/14 - Plate "COYOTE NC1965" 3/25/15