Forte's

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Said goodbye to one of my little buddies today

Post Thanks / Like

Said goodbye to one of my little buddies today

After just under eleven years together, we had to say goodbye to Kona, this morning. He and his brother came to us back in 2007 as just little guys and even with the sorrow in our home today, we thank God we had him in our lives for all those years.

Godspeed my little friend - we had lots of good rides together....

On the right, at 8 weeks old:

Later,
    Chris

"There are no more monsters to fear, and so, we have to build our own."
    Mk3.1 #7074

PLATNUM Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry for your loss. Dogs are special for the way they treat us.

I love the old saying, lock your wife and your dog in the trunk. Come back in 1 hour and see which one is happy to see you. LOL.

Post Thanks / Like
    I feel your loss. We just lost our 16+ year old cat last week. He was a Momma's Boy and on Insulin for 5 years to boot.

Animals are special and those dogs are gorgeous! Sorry to hear, but memories are forever.
    I'm just a victim of a thousand physic wars!
    www.weendoggy.com/cobra.htm

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry for your lost

Post Thanks / Like
    So sorry for your loss. Truly part of the family
    Mike

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    So sorry also. I lost my rescued female pit last year. They are called man's best friend for a good reason.

Post Thanks / Like
    Dude, we are so sorry for your loss. We lost three the last 2 years. One 12yrs old, one 15 and the other 17 years. It was a tough number of months. We have fond memories of each and everyone we have shared our lives with. This past Christmas we rescued 2 new fur covered razor-blades. Hope the picture cheers you up, I know it did us.

puppies by Frank Maslowski, on Flickr

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Sorry for your loss. It hard to see a member of the family go. But he leaves you with wonderful memories.
    MK4 delivered 2/24/2017. Complete kit #9023,IRS, Power Steering, Leather, heater, 17" wheels, sway bar ft & rr, tremec 600 and Gordon Levy Racing SBF 427. First start and go kart 8/19/2017. Graduated 1/15/2018
    MK4 #9230 complete kit delivered 1/27/2018. IRS, PS, leather, Tremic 600, SBF 427. Graduation 10/15/2018
    MK3 #5253 donor bought unfinished. SBF 331, T5 Trans.

Post Thanks / Like
    Gumball,

Damn, losing a dog really stings.

No doubt you and your family gave Kona a wonderful life, and she returned the love a dozen times over.

My wife and I just lost Sonny, 15 years old, who was the finest yellow lab girl that ever blessed a family.

Sunny at Yosemite.jpg
    Telescopes are instruments of hope and faith. Hope that a better, clearer and brighter universe can be observed. Faith that we can bring these discoveries back to our small planet and create positive changes for all of it's inhabitants.

Post Thanks / Like
    Chris, I'm sorry for your loss. There's a reason why they're known as "man's best friend". Teddy The Terrier is 9 now, and I'm not looking forward to him getting old (I know I certainly am not...) His predecessor (the poodle) made it to 17. Losing him was hard. I feel your pain.
    Mk IV Roadster - #8650 - delivered 7-17-2015 - first start 7-28-2018 - first go-kart 10-13-2018 - licensed and on the road 9-9-19: body/paint completed 3-17-2020.
    Complete kit / 2015 Coyote / TKO600 / IRS / Wilwood brakes / Mid-Shift mod / Power Steering / Heater and Seat Heaters / RT turn signal / Breeze radiator shroud and mount

Post Thanks / Like
    Ive lost two malamutes in my past. Both were heartbreakers to lose!

Post Thanks / Like
    Awwww Chris, I hate to hear that. It just rips your heart out to lose them. My condolences to you guys.

Jeff

Post Thanks / Like
    What a beauty Kona was. I am very sorry he had to leave. Is he a Siberian? My family's first pup was and her name was "Super Cool", we shortened it to Supie. She was a great friend and I still recall the day we went to pick her up and all the single kennells in the snow with pups standing on them and barking at us. She was my Dad's dog and I also remember the day he came back from the vet without her. Never seen my him sad like that. Been there too many times myself now and know the loss can be devastating. As you said, still wouldn't trade the years together though. Hang in there and know that Kona is smiling down on you.
    Kyle

Complete Kit pickup 09/05/2015, 351w, QF680, 3.55, 3-Link, 15" Halibrands with MT's, Painted Viking blue with Wimbledon white stripes on 03/15/2017. Sold in 08/2018 and totally regret it.

Post Thanks / Like
    sorry for your loss
    The traveling Builder
    717-773-5624

Steve >> aka: GoDadGo
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Chris,

Losing a pet is always tough on the family.
    We've got our fair share of critters and they are all important.
    3 Cats, 2 Dogs and 1 Southern Flying Squirrel so I totally understand.

Steve

Post Thanks / Like
    Chris,
    I'm sorry for your loss. We have 3 dogs (just added to our pack this week with a Pit rescued from the gas station down the road ). Our eldest is Roush, who will be 10 on April 2nd. He's in great shape, but I can see that he's slowing down by comparison to the other younger dogs. The day I have to say goodbye to him is really going to suck. I'm hopeful that we will see our kind, loving friends again, only way it makes sense to me.
    Vince

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Fugi View Post
    (just added to our pack this week with a Pit rescued from the gas station down the road ).
    That's awesome, love to hear about rescues. So many animals that need help, it's great to see them find homes.

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry for the loss of one of your family. When we take them in to our hearts and homes, we know that we'll lose them; but we do it anyway. They leave our homes one day, but never our hearts.

.boB "Iron Man"
    NASA Rocky Mountain, TTU #42, HPDE Instructor
    BDR 1642: Coyote, 6 Speed Auto, Edelbrock Supercharger
    Member: www.MileHiCobraClub.com
    www.RacingTheExocet.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey guys,

Thanks for all the kind words - was a rough couple days afterwards but with the passing of time it will get easier. He was a great guy and we are really spoiling his brother. Bodie came from the same litter as Kona, so he hasn't been without his brother ever and we were a bit worried about how he'd react. So far he's been okay, but probably because he's getting spoiled and busier than he has ever been.

Here's a pic of Bodie....

Later,
    Chris

"There are no more monsters to fear, and so, we have to build our own."
    Mk3.1 #7074