Very Cool Parts

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: New guy from College Station, TX

Post Thanks / Like

New guy from College Station, TX

I've been restoring cars and trucks since the mid 70's and my last restoration was a Nissan 93 300zx convertible a fairly expensive build, (was my first foreign build) but loved it since it's kind of a fairly rare car to see on the road and have also won some first place showings at some Z car shows. Now the wife is wanting a 33 and I've been lusting over Factory Five for over a decade now, and we are setting up a game plan on getting the funds to make this adventure happen.

I'd first like to do the factory tour and will more than likely do the build course, I could use some more schooling.

Mike

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the forum. This is a great community of helpful people. I am not a 33 guy but there are plenty here that can answer any question you might come up with. Z car sounds cool. I don't think you can post pictures until you get more posts but I would love to see it.
    MK4 #8900 - complete kit - Coyote, TKO600, IRS - Delivered 6/28/16 First Start 10/6/16 Go cart - 10/16/16 Build completed - 4/26/17 - 302 days to build my 302 CI Coyote Cobra - Registered and street legal 5/17/17
    Build Thread http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...e-build-thread
    PHIL 4:13 INSTAGRAM - @scottsrides

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by wareaglescott View Post
    Welcome to the forum. This is a great community of helpful people. I am not a 33 guy but there are plenty here that can answer any question you might come up with. Z car sounds cool. I don't think you can post pictures until you get more posts but I would love to see it.
    Thanks for the welcome, yeah I read that in one of the stickys for the 20 post so when I get there I'll be glad to post some pics.

Post Thanks / Like
    Having wrenched on the new 33 truck for Sema while I was out in MA with the FFR guys, I can't say enough about the build quality and attention to detail of these packages. And of course we're here at BluePrint to help with a complete driveline if you're looking! You won't be disappointed with the 33 kit, they are gorgeous!

Johnny M
    Director of New Project Development
    [email protected]
    www.BluePrintEngines.com
    Check out our crate engine offerings at www.factoryfiveengines.com
    Give us a call at 1.800.483.4263

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BluePrintEngines View Post
    Having wrenched on the new 33 truck for Sema while I was out in MA with the FFR guys, I can't say enough about the build quality and attention to detail of these packages. And of course we're here at BluePrint to help with a complete driveline if you're looking! You won't be disappointed with the 33 kit, they are gorgeous!

Johnny M
    Director of New Project Development
    [email protected]
    www.BluePrintEngines.com
    Thanks for the heads up, I hadn't made up my mind on the drivetrain and was looking at y'all for that.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Johnny,

When I decide on a drivetrain I'll give y'all a call.

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome Mike, lots of useful 33 build threads to read through here.

Read as many as you can and bookmark the interesting posts - you'll refer back to them many times (and can sometimes be hard to find again!).
    James

FFR33 #997 (Gen1 chassis, Gen2 body), license plate DRIVE IT says it all! build thread
    My build: 350SBC, TKO600, hardtop, no fenders/hood, 32 grill, 3 link, sway bars, 355/30r19
    Previous cars: GTD40, Cobra, tubeframe 55 Chevy, 66 Nova, 56 F100

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RoadRacer View Post
    Welcome Mike, lots of useful 33 build threads to read through here.

Read as many as you can and bookmark the interesting posts - you'll refer back to them many times (and can sometimes be hard to find again!).
    I already started that process, thanks for the heads up.

Steve >> aka: GoDadGo
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Welcome Aboard MGH!

The Factory Five Forum Is The Place To Be Plus It Will Help You Build Your Dream!

Steve

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GoDadGo View Post
    Welcome Aboard MGH!

The Factory Five Forum Is The Place To Be Plus It Will Help You Build Your Dream!

Steve
    Thanks,

I've learned years ago to join web forums to get the skinny on projects you plan to work on. When I started my Z project I joined a forum for Z's and now I'm one of many moderators there, with a ton of technical articles produced on how to work on this monster. it's going to be hard to let go of the Z to start the "33"
    Last edited by mgh; 10-26-2017 at 07:36 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mgh View Post
    Thanks Johnny,

When I decide on a drivetrain I'll give y'all a call.
    Looking forward to it!
    Check out our crate engine offerings at www.factoryfiveengines.com
    Give us a call at 1.800.483.4263

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by wareaglescott View Post
    Here are a few pic of my Z you wanted to see, a lot of work went into build. It defiantly draws a lot of attention on the road. Looking forward to start a 33
    Attached Images Attached Images