BluePrint Engines

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: 194.1 in a GTM

Post Thanks / Like

194.1 in a GTM

Well Troy finally took his GTM to the Texas Mile. First practice run was 187 flat. Anybody here remember Troy? It was GTM about #3. Here it is getting a clear bra at my shop.
    DSC00014.JPG
    Last edited by mikeinatlanta; 10-29-2017 at 09:24 AM.
    MKII "Little Boy". 432CI all aluminum Windsor. .699 solid roller, DA Koni shocks, aluminum IRS, Straight cut dog ring T-5, 13" four piston Brembos, Bogart wheels. BOOM!

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    So you're saying he was "Killing It"

Post Thanks / Like
    Troy reports some stability issues and fell on its face in fifth gear. Maybe a fueling issue. Working putting stiffeners in the front 750lb springs to try and hold the front off the ground better. May have to give up on higher speeds if they can't figure out the fifth gear issue. No need to throw away 30 grand in motor.
    MKII "Little Boy". 432CI all aluminum Windsor. .699 solid roller, DA Koni shocks, aluminum IRS, Straight cut dog ring T-5, 13" four piston Brembos, Bogart wheels. BOOM!

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    What trans/gearing is he running?

Post Thanks / Like
    I believe a very modified G50-52. Don't know the gears but the motor will spin way up.

Post Thanks / Like
    Updated the thread title. Hit 191.5 yesterday. This is a naturally aspirated ls street motor.

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow!!!
    Kyle

Complete Kit pickup 09/05/2015, 351w, QF680, 3.55, 3-Link, 15" Halibrands with MT's, Painted Viking blue with Wimbledon white stripes on 03/15/2017. Sold in 08/2018 and totally regret it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Shooting for 195 tomorrow. Don't know about you guys but I call bs on 195, but then again my original prediction was 170.

Post Thanks / Like
    BTW. Motor is a bored LS6, no power adders, on pump gas.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    How much hp?

Post Thanks / Like
    About 500 or so. We'll let the theorists calculate just how much it takes to push a GTM to 191.

Post Thanks / Like
    194.1 this morning. A clear indication that he needs another 100hp to hit the magic number 2.

"The High Country", beautiful Flagstaff, AZ
    Post Thanks / Like
    Theoretically, if 500 HP nets 194.1 MPH he'll need at least 47 more HP to hit 200. Very impressive!

Post Thanks / Like
    You always need twice what you need. Know what I'm sayin?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Better put a 250 shot on for good measure then...

Post Thanks / Like
    Was asked to post this pic. Kind of cool.
    tx mile.jpg
    Last edited by mikeinatlanta; 11-03-2017 at 08:12 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mike-

Thanks for posting the inspiration! Darned impressive, and pretty scary-fast!! I hope he gets to 200, just because. That certificate has to get a place of honor!

As a somewhat related aside, how is your beast coming? It's been a while since I remember seeing anything. I hope your build is going well, because I look forward to seeing what you can do too!!

Way to go Troy; huevos grande!!

Regards,

Steve

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks,
    Been way busy, but the brotherly competition thing I may have to get it going. I lack finish welding the cage, wiring, and a bit of body work, then teardown, finish, and final assembly. Got to admit, brother vs brother, FFR vs FFR, chevy vs ford, GTM vs Roadster, new school vs old school, would be one hell of a show. Would have to bring Mom out for that one, but I'd hate for her to have to watch Troy get whipped.

EDIT: This edit posted to save Troy the trouble. Notice how it's always the guy without the speed certificate talking smack?
    Last edited by mikeinatlanta; 11-03-2017 at 10:51 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mike-

Thanks for the response! Yeah, I could see the whole competition aspect drawing you out to the garage! That's certainly not the genesis of my question, but I totally understand it! HAHA!

Although there's a fair amount of work left to do, there's a whole lot more behind you than what is in front of you. Can I ask you to post up some pics, or is that not cool? I admire what you are doing, and I enjoyed watching your progress!

I have to admit that seeing you and Troy battling in the TX mile would be pretty cool. As far as how your Mom would like it, I am not even going to guess. I know what my wife would think of our two boys battling it out like that; unless she found out AFTER they were done!!

Thanks for the details on Troy, as well as your build Mike! Great stuff!

Regards,

Steve

Post Thanks / Like
    Plan is to post up pics of final assembly. Make it look like one of those car shows where everything looks easy and fits perfect the first time. About two years ago I took a full year off work just working on the car. Rather than finish I just got more carried away. Not trying to be cagey or anything. I pretty much stopped with the pics when the other site started screwing vendors. Since took down the web site that was hosting them. I'll start posting up soon though. Thanks for the interest.

Post Thanks / Like
    Cool Mike! Yeah, I was sorry to see you stop posting. I didn't know if you were throwing in the towel -- I doubted that frankly, or just staying away. I understand your decision.

I look forward to your next update, whenever it comes! I also appreciate the details you provided in this thread. Good luck as you wrap things up.

Regards,

Steve

Post Thanks / Like
    You are welcome. BTW, mods to GTM for next year will be Nitrous, heavier springs, and just a few more refinements on the aero. I'm not taking my roadster but do plan on taking the bike and see if we can solidify a record for bike with factory luggage. Next March. Going to be fun!

Post Thanks / Like
    Giant balls. I can't imagine approaching 200 in a car without the modern safety crap around me. I've seen stuff posted on the aftermath of crashed GTMs and the drivers walked away. push it so GTM owners have bragging rights!