Very Cool Parts

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Meet the new Factory Five '35 Hot Rod Pick-Up Truck!

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Post deleted
    Last edited by Wayne Presley; 11-06-2017 at 12:15 PM. Reason: against forum rules

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vman7 View Post
    hmm...door handles are backwards. Again does anyone know what the wheelbase is?
    David
    Jim added 7" to the wheelbase. I saw the chassis before the bed was installed and the custom lower control arms look really
    different when they are that much longer. The other funny look when it was raw was how the 35 cab stopped quite a bit short
    of the passenger box on the 33 frame. 4-5" IIRC but Jim made it look good when it was all done for SEMA. It did really look
    good at the show. The way he moved the roll hoop forward to fit in the cab but still had bracing back to the 33 rear pass wall
    was both functional and nicely detailed.
    Dale

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by erlihemi View Post
    And I could put another Hemi in the back for traction! .
    You know you make this too easy right ?
    How many baby Hemi's does it take to pull a FF 35 pickup.
    Dale
    Bustin his onions again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by myjones View Post
    David
    Jim added 7" to the wheelbase. I saw the chassis before the bed was installed and the custom lower control arms look really
    different when they are that much longer. The other funny look when it was raw was how the 35 cab stopped quite a bit short
    of the passenger box on the 33 frame. 4-5" IIRC but Jim made it look good when it was all done for SEMA. It did really look
    good at the show. The way he moved the roll hoop forward to fit in the cab but still had bracing back to the 33 rear pass wall
    was both functional and nicely detailed.
    Dale
    Thanks Dale Wow 7", after looking at the pictures I thought it might have been around 3-4 inches. Dale is that 119" wheelbase confirmed? Just would like to make absolutely sure in case I might work on some design ideas, not that I am going to work on anything, at least not until my health issues get better or get resolved.

David

Yes, I love Technology
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks again for the sneak peek last month Dave. Guys - I got an in person look at this while picking up the hard top kit for my 818S. This is one cool truck from all angles.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vman7 View Post
    Thanks Dale Wow 7", after looking at the pictures I thought it might have been around 3-4 inches. Dale is that 119" wheelbase confirmed? Just would like to make absolutely sure in case I might work on some design ideas, not that I am going to work on anything, at least not until my health issues get better or get resolved.

David
    David
    When we were looking at the truck in the R&D area months ago Jim told me the LCA's were 7" longer to make the truck look right.
    I asked him if that was a 119" WB then and he said yes. He also said nothing is different on the 33 chassis except the rear clip extension
    and the hinge boxes being moved. We did also talk about moving the roll hoop forward to get it back inside the shorter cab but that wasn't
    done yet at that point. When I saw that new detail at SEMA and how he did it I was pleasantly surprised.
    HTH
    Dale

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by myjones View Post
    David
    When we were looking at the truck in the R&D area months ago Jim told me the LCA's were 7" longer to make the truck look right.
    I asked him if that was a 119" WB then and he said yes. He also said nothing is different on the 33 chassis except the rear clip extension
    and the hinge boxes being moved. We did also talk about moving the roll hoop forward to get it back inside the shorter cab but that wasn't
    done yet at that point. When I saw that new detail at SEMA and how he did it I was pleasantly surprised.
    HTH
    Dale
    Thanks Dale Sounds a lot like some of the stuff you and I talked about way back.

David

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12