Boig Motorsports

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Roadster - Wiper Wiring Troubleshoot

Post Thanks / Like

Roadster - Wiper Wiring Troubleshoot

After installing the FFR Windshield Wiper motor, I attached the battery and found that the wipers run continuously; even when the switch is in the off setting. I reconfirmed the connections against the drawing, and I even uninstalled everything and reinstalled it to the drawing (still running). I then disconnected the white wire from the switch, and the motor still runs continuously. The only potentially odd thing that I see is the power (purple wire) runs to the wiper motor to the same terminal that carries the white wire to the switch. It seems like I have a short somewhere, so I'll check it this weekend. While I think about next steps, has anybody else experienced this oddity?

Thanks,

Brian

Post Thanks / Like
    I can not remember the exact problem I was having. Mine was brand new and properly wired. I finally traced it down to a bad self park switch. I will take a longer look at the problem you are describing but see if you can verify that this switch is working properly. There is a bump in the drive gear that operates this switch and stops the motor when it reaches the park position. My switch was stuck in the closed position.

Here is a good thread to read through.

http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...l=1#post148078

This was the faulty switch in my case.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by CDXXVII; 11-04-2017 at 07:03 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    thanks for the advice and link. I’ll check for this issue while poking around the electrical tonight.

Post Thanks / Like
    I ran my wiring to my wipers how factory five shows it and I haven't had a issue. If you turn the switch to low or high does the speed change? Also as simple as it seams are you sure you connected the wires correctly? The with drawing they have you can potentially flip the wires depending on how you look at it. If your still lost I can shoot some pics of how mine is wired so that you can compare.

Post Thanks / Like
    If you have the two speed Lucas wiper motor/system, you'll need a relay to make it run correctly. Look in the past forums, someone posted a hand written schematic that I followed to make it work. I downloaded one off the net for a Triumph, and it did not work.