After 16 years of waiting for the "right" time, I finally ordered my first Factory Five!
11 years ago I was sure it would be a GTM. During that time i have bought and still own some other cars similar to the GTM but, nothing quite like my first factory five love the 65 Coupe.

Aside from lots of pictures on the internet, I have only seen a Gen 1 up close and it was not complete.

Recently my son and I had a chance to test drive a MKII cobra. It was a basic build with a 4.6. no additional options. I mostly drove it so I could cross it OFF my list of future cars for my collection. Something different happened. WE LOVED IT. but at 6'2" I didnt fit in it. My friend offered it to me at a very attractive price. I did some research on ways to modify it so I would fit and researched other options i could add to make it more my style. During that process one thought kept coming back to me. The satisfaction I get from cars is as much in projects i get to do as the drive. I dont currently have any exciting car projects on the horizon and winter is coming.... I would much rather build the exact car I want than buy someone elses and modify it even though it will cost more.

As soon as I discovered the revisions on the 65 Coupe i was Hooked.

Tomorrow a friend of mine, whom wanted a road trip, leaves for MA to go pick mine up.

Here's the details of the build:

It will be a street car with the classic style and shape but modern race car looks I plan to build it as a local show and go car. I track other cars several times a year and plan to take this to the track some also. However i do not plan to have this be my "track car" carving out the fastest laps I can. Simply put its way easier to replace my BMW M Coupe than the time and effort i will have in this car and the tirewall never seems to ask anyone about that before making a mess of it...

Specifics on my our order sheet

Gen 3 coupe complete kit
black frame
2015 IRS
Coyote motor
factory five coyote Power steering
factory five coyote A/C
front Aero bumper

2015 Coyote motor from Mustang GT
MT-85 6 speed
3.73 performance package rear end

I am considering power brakes and ABS