BluePrint Engines

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Gas gauge

Post Thanks / Like

Gas gauge

So i have the speed hut gauges... Everything is up and running good, except the gas gauge. Sometimes the gauge read 3/4 full, sometimes in the middle of driving or idling it drops to empty. I have checked all wires and they seem connected snuggly.... I have just a basic in tank gauge that comes with the kit. Do I need to calibrate the gauge?

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes the speedhut gauges need to be calibrated. They have a great youtube video on it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes. Your Speedhut instructions will lead you through two different calibration methods; either by manually setting the empty and full points with (DUH!) an empty and full tank or by selecting the proper pre-programmed sender range.

Jeff

Post Thanks / Like
    If you have checked all the wiring and grounds and they are good you may have a bad sending unit
    Sounds like there is a bad spot on the sending unit, sometimes it works sometimes if doesn’t
    You could use an ohm meter to check and see if there is a problem with the sending unit or replace it and see if the problem goes away

Rick
    #8475 Complete Kit Delivered Nov 2014, started Nov 2015, Street Legal Apr 2016, Paint and Interior Completed Aug 2017, 390 BBF, March accessory kit, MSD Atomic EFI and Ready to run, TKO 500 with MidShift kit, hooker headers, 3 link, track lock with 3.55, sway bars, power steering, wipers, heater