Midwest Classic Insurance

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: WRX Power Steering Pump

Post Thanks / Like

WRX Power Steering Pump

Apparently Subaru doesn't want us to rebuild these, and I'd like one for my build (wifey will be driving from time to time). Mine was leaking quite badly so I have only a few options: assemble a variety of orings and seals, tear it apart, and hope for the best~20; send mine out for rebuilding(which is odd, since they aren't "rebuildable", no?) ~60; buy a remanufactured pump (which is also odd, since they aren't "rebuildable") ~120; new pump from Subaru ~350; fellow builder with a pump he doesn't want or need that isn't leaking and is willing to let his go for a reasonable price. OK, so really, buying a rebuilt/new pump is out of the question, but I'm considering spending the extra 40 bucks to have someone ELSE rebuild mine and know they have all the parts to do it right. Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like
    If it's leaking and getting air in the system it might be as simple as one oring repair. Read this thread in the entirety, I've done it on three Subarus, it works:Power steering o-ring fix: http://legacygt.com/forums/showthrea...ix-197481.html
    "Good Judgement comes from Experience. Experience comes from Bad Judgement"
    Owner: Colonel Red Racing
    eBAy Store: http://stores.ebay.com/colonelredracing
    818R ICSCC SPM
    2005 Subaru STI Race Car ICSCC ST and SPM
    Palatov DP4 - ICSCC Sports Racer

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks. I just found some ebay listings for collections of the O-rings for the rebuild for 10 bucks, too. I swear they weren't there 4 months ago. That said, I'm not sure where it's leaking from, just that it was covered in PS fluid and there was a bottle in the trunk. Looks like the previous owner was used to filling it up. I'm gonna check that thread right now.