Midwest Classic Insurance

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Curious -- Wheelie Bar and Chute, and a photo.

Post Thanks / Like

Curious -- Wheelie Bar and Chute, and a photo.

I am just curious if anyone has put wheelie bars or a chute on their Hot Rod. Not thinking about them really being used but more to complete a look.

Also, does someone have a picture of their Hot Rod from a higher elevation? Something like this...

Tim Sapp
    Build Blog: http://hotrod.sapp-family.com/blog/

33 Hot Rod
    Delivered 5/31/2017

"The High Country", beautiful Flagstaff, AZ
    Post Thanks / Like
    IMG_0720.JPG
    Wheelie bars and if you look close you will see a chute mounting point (looks a little like a trailer hitch maybe). More photos in the album gallery under 33 Hot Rod Roll Cage.

Steve >> aka: GoDadGo
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by NAZ View Post
    IMG_0720.JPG
    Wheelie bars and if you look close you will see a chute mounting point (looks a little like a trailer hitch maybe). More photos in the album gallery under 33 Hot Rod Roll Cage.
    Naz,

I was waiting for your reply on this post!
    What is it that you said on my thread?
    If More Is Good, Much More Has Got To Be Better!

Steve

"The High Country", beautiful Flagstaff, AZ
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hot Rodder logic.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TDSapp View Post
    Also, does someone have a picture of their Hot Rod from a higher elevation? Something like this...

I could create one from that software I used for my avatar if you needed it.. won't be 'real' but I assume would be very close.
    James

FFR33 #997 (Gen1 chassis, Gen2 body), license plate DRIVE IT says it all! build thread
    My build: 350SBC, TKO600, hardtop, no fenders/hood, 32 grill, 3 link, sway bars, 355/30r19
    Previous cars: GTD40, Cobra, tubeframe 55 Chevy, 66 Nova, 56 F100

Ol Skool
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TDSapp View Post
    I am just curious if anyone has put wheelie bars or a chute on their Hot Rod. Not thinking about them really being used but more to complete a look.

IMG_20170908_164541_569 (640x612).jpg
    I can get one from my second floor window or pull the rope on a drone. Are you looking for roof ideas? or did you want a picture from behind doing a wheel stand??

I haven't found enough traction for wheelie bars yet and my brakes have been adequate thru third gear. Otherwise I try not to lift. If the front end comes up I move the engine forward. Unless its just the Glass coming up and the wheels are still on the ground. Then I use fatter bungies to keep the hood on...

Post Thanks / Like
    IMO wheelie bars and chutes on a street car look ridiculous. That is unless you go all in like NAZ. His car crosses from ridiculous to awesome, badass, cool as they come. Kind of like the difference between guys who put road course tow hooks on a car that will never see a track and guys who don't bother removing them for the occasional ride on the street. Same thing but one is ridiculous and one is awesome.
    MKII "Little Boy". 432CI all aluminum Windsor. .699 solid roller, DA Koni shocks, aluminum IRS, Straight cut dog ring T-5, 13" four piston Brembos, Bogart wheels. BOOM!

Steve >> aka: GoDadGo
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeinatlanta View Post
    IMO wheelie bars and chutes on a street car look ridiculous. That is unless you go all in like NAZ. His car crosses from ridiculous to awesome, badass, cool as they come. Kind of like the difference between guys who put road course tow hooks on a car that will never see a track and guys who don't bother removing them for the occasional ride on the street. Same thing but one is ridiculous and one is awesome.
    I Couldn't Agree More Because Of His Philosophy Regarding Our Hobby:

If More Is Good, Much More Has Got To Be Better!

Post Thanks / Like
    I grew up with my Dad and his friends who's philosophy was "if it has wheels it can be blown". That philosophy obviously has a trickle-down effect. Hot rodding is all about doing what YOU think is cool, not what other people think is cool. I agree much more is always better.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by erlihemi View Post
    IMG_20170908_164541_569 (640x612).jpg
    I can get one from my second floor window or pull the rope on a drone. Are you looking for roof ideas? or did you want a picture from behind doing a wheel stand??

I haven't found enough traction for wheelie bars yet and my brakes have been adequate thru third gear. Otherwise I try not to lift. If the front end comes up I move the engine forward. Unless its just the Glass coming up and the wheels are still on the ground. Then I use fatter bungies to keep the hood on...
    Well I was just wanting a photo from high up and centered on the car. More to just get the shape of the car not really thinking wheel stands or anything.

As for the Wheelie bar and chute I was thinking more for the looks than anything else. Now that I have seen some photos with the chutes I think I will pass on it. But I still don't know about the wheelie bars.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeinatlanta View Post
    Well Mike if I had a Roadster like you I would say the same thing when it came to wheelie bars and chutes. The roadster does not have the body for it. But at times depending on the stance of the Hot Rod it could look awesome. I am also not talking about a wheelie bar that is sticking 6 feet behind the car. I want it for the looks but not for the functionality.

Quote Originally Posted by BigB View Post
    Hot rodding is all about doing what YOU think is cool, not what other people think is cool.
    There ya go! One of the number one reasons I love hot rods.
    Tim Sapp
    Build Blog: http://hotrod.sapp-family.com/blog/

33 Hot Rod
    Delivered 5/31/2017

Post Thanks / Like
    I think that we have a idea of the car we want, before and at build. It makes the car- are's- and does not need to be liked by others!