Forte's

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  3

Thread: NEW '35 Hot Rod Truck forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

NEW '35 Hot Rod Truck forum!

Welcome to the NEW '35 Hot Rod Truck forum!

This forum will have just one sub-forum for build threads.

Since the truck hasn't been released as a product yet, the Build Threads forum will remain closed for now.

FFR 5369 Pin Drive, IRS, Trigos, Torsen, Wilwoods, FMS BOSS 302 "B" cam , Mass-flo. CA SB100 (SPCN) Registered
    Delivered 4/23/06. "Finished" 4/2012 (still not done!)

PLATNUM Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    I ordered my 35 kit during the SEMA show. I am using a 1988 Lincoln LSC drive train. Basically 5.0 HO with an AOD. I ordered the following from FFR. I am really looking forward to this build. I still have a 33 and GTM to finish up but I should have plenty of time for that.

Hot Rod truck kit
    302 engine package
    powder coat frame
    AOD drive shaft
    Vinyl bench seat
    3-link
    Legends gauge cluster
    Chrome tilt column
    Electric P/S
    A/C
    11.65 REAR DISC
    Last edited by wallace18; 12-15-2017 at 05:25 PM. Reason: changed order.

East Coast Speed Machines Erik W. Treves's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Let the chant begin......

Pro Street Truck Build
    FFR 1879, Blown DSS 306,REDLINE management, VeryCoolParts Tuned 460RWHP

FFR 818S, The Flash, Chassis #5, 2.0L, LSD, Electromotive TEC-S, VCP Tuned, 278RWHP 265 RWTQ

FFR 6651, Green Lantern, 408W Crate, Hellion 66mm Turbo, JGS Waste gate / Blowoff valve, Tec-GT management, VCP Tuned, 575 RWHP, 690 RWTQ

FFR 8335, Black Mamba, 289 FIA CSX 2001 tribute car, 347, 48 IDA webers, VCP Tuned, 311 RWHP 386 RWTQ, 3-link, Trigo's

FFR 0004, Gen 3 , Hawk Coupe, Coyote twin turbo, 683 RWHP 559 RWTQ, IRS, VCP Tuned. "not too shabby"

US ARMY Maintenance Test Pilot (CW4 Retired)

Post Thanks / Like
    Started my GTM 11 years ago.

Finished not that long ago...

Might need to start another project! Love the look of this thing!

Post Thanks / Like
    I had been looking for a new project, I think this will be it. This will be a great truck to drive as I get older seems like you can get in and out easy. My cobra got hit in the rear this summer fixing it now.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for opening up a new forum, David! Can't wait for more details on this new kit!

Quote Originally Posted by wallace18 View Post
    I ordered my 35 kit during the SEMA show. I am using a 1988 Lincoln LSC drive train. Basically 5.0 HO with an AOD. I ordered the following from FFR. I am really looking forward to this build. I still have a 33 and GTM to finish up but I should have plenty of time for that.

Hot Rod truck kit
    302 engine package
    powder coat frame
    AOD drive shaft
    Vinyl bench seat
    4-link
    Legends gauge cluster
    Chrome tilt column
    Electric P/S
    A/C
    Wilwood brakes front and rear
    Full fender kit.
    Looking forward to seeing the truck with full fenders. That's how I will order mine whenever I can make it happen!

David
    Last edited by Cobradavid; 11-10-2017 at 10:11 PM.
    My Saving Grace: John 3:16

FFR6687, Graduate #39 in the Class of 2009
    The Factory Five Forum March 2012 POM

Post Thanks / Like
    Filled out pre-order form for mine.
    Similar to what Wallace did.
    Looking forward to seeing the timing on availability.
    Ralph

I have a 3.1 Roadster, but it has been finished for a few years, and I am getting bored.

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm looking at doing a build in the near future and hadn't seen this kit until I recently revisited this site. Pretty cool looking truck. Look forward to following builds.

Post Thanks / Like
    I just saw an ad in the current issue of Hot Rod Mag. for the pickup. It listed the complete kit price as $21,990. Has there been a $2000 price increase since we pre-ordered?
    Ralph

Post Thanks / Like
    Has anyone heard if p/w are going to be offered? My guess is they are still working on that since the SEMA truck had no side windows.

Post Thanks / Like
    Power windows will be standard is my understanding.
    FFinisher/AKA RE63

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FFinisher View Post
    Power windows will be standard is my understanding.
    Just got off the phone with Tony at FFR. You are correct. P/W will be standard. I modified my order some.
    I deleted the Wilwood's, fenders and 4-link.
    I added 3-link, 11.65 rear brakes.
    I am going with 5.0, AOD with 3000 stall converter and 3.27 8.8 posi rear.

I want to have a more Hot Rod look and the full fenders do not work for what I am looking for. My paint guy and I am working on a paint scheme the reverse of what my 33 was when I built it. Here is a rough drawing of what we are thinking of doing. Satin black and Blue like my 33.

IMG_2227.JPG33090.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Mine will be full fenders heat and A/C, 3 link. Not sure on the drivetrain.

I feel like I have to do a Coyote..... but....... I am actually thinking something else....
    FFinisher/AKA RE63

Post Thanks / Like
    Christmas came early for me. About a week ago, Marsha my wife said why don't you order all the stuff you need for your 35? I said twist my arm, LOL. Was able to get free shipping on all of it. As soon as I am done with my customer 33 I will start on the drive train rebuild for the 35.

IMG_2236.JPGIMG_2237.JPG

Post Thanks / Like
    Tom that's very cool!! Any updates on a possible delivery date for the 35?
    CVOBill
    MK2 #???? Delivered 11/2002, Finished and Titled 6/2003 5.0, T-5, 4-Link, Sold 3/2005
    Hot Rod #304 purchased 5/28/2017 from original owner Unassembled . Titled and plated 8/24/2017 Coyote,
    TKO, 3-Link, Heat, A/C, Electric Power Steering, Convertible top
    MK4 #9524 Picked up 1/18/19 306 Blueprint, T-5, 4-Link, Gas-N Pipes, Heater

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CVOBill View Post
    Tom that's very cool!! Any updates on a possible delivery date for the 35?
    I was told Feb. or March.

Post Thanks / Like
    Love those big wide torque thrust style wheels! Just what I was thinking.

Post Thanks / Like
    Are there any pictures available of what the truck will look like with hood, side panels, and fenders. They must be different from the Hot Rod, but it is hard to commit to something without seeing it. I have pre-ordered, but need to see more before signing on the dotted line. I know Barrett-Jackson and other shows are taking up the staff time, but if I order, I need it fairly quickly. I am bored and don't want to be forced to go commit to other projects.

Post Thanks / Like
    There are no pictures of the truck, with Fenders, hood and running boards yet.

I am sure when its time and they are ready FFR will "leak" some photos. :-)

I think you will be very pleased.

They are very different than the hot rod, the shape, and details are specific to the hot rod pickup.
    FFinisher/AKA RE63

Ol Skool
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FFinisher View Post
    There are no pictures of the truck, with Fenders, hood and running boards yet.

They are very different than the hot rod, the shape, and details are specific to the hot rod pickup.
    I'm pretty sure I could get 33-35 Dodge pieces on it if FFR can't get the Ford molds ready... Heck, I may not even need to cut the grille shell on the pickup. 392 Hemi valve covers would stick out past the side panels in the front.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by erlihemi View Post
    I'm pretty sure I could get 33-35 Dodge pieces on it if FFR can't get the Ford molds ready... Heck, I may not even need to cut the grille shell on the pickup. 392 Hemi valve covers would stick out past the side panels in the front.
    We sell mopar engines too I Keep bugging Tony to make me Chrysler engine Mounts. I guess I'll have to keep submitting Tech requests about towing capacity and class IV receiver hitches until he gets me some

https://blueprintengines.com/collect...-crate-engines

-Johnny
    Check out our crate engine offerings at www.factoryfiveengines.com
    Give us a call at 1.800.483.4263

Post Thanks / Like
    I see that FFR will be at the Grand National Roadster Show again this year. I'm excited to see the 35 truck there. They had the steel bodied 33 there last year, should be a great show.

Ol Skool
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BluePrintEngines View Post
    We sell mopar engines too I Keep bugging Tony to make me Chrysler engine Mounts. I guess I'll have to keep submitting Tech requests about towing capacity and class IV receiver hitches until he gets me some

https://blueprintengines.com/collect...-crate-engines

-Johnny
    Its not hard, Flip the ford 302 mounts, bolt them forward of the vertical tube so they are cantilevered, Fab a crossmember to go under the front and attach to the tubes on each side below the upper control arm point to support the front of the mount. Use 318 or 360 truck mounts on the ears. A 408 would work well as long as you can deal with the starter on the left and use an automatic. Otherwise go with a 5.7L and get the starter on the right. OK, maybe not as easy as it appears.
    The biggest issue with a 318 style motor is the starter on the left under the foot box. Manual trans must use Hydraulic clutch because the arm is to long on the mechanical. The genIII mounts center up better, but then there is other issues.
    The other issue with a 318 is that it is a taller block like the Windsor and the air cleaner is higher.
    Its reasonably doable. I would offer that you should make the entire kit and sell it with the engine vice waiting on Tony at FFR to offer it. Not enough volume. 408 Mopar with A518 tranny ready to bolt in...

Post Thanks / Like
    The gen III hemi block mounts are extremely close to an LS, reaming the holes on the LS plates is usually enough to get them to fit. We have discussed the gen III's but they are a ways down the line if/when we decide to start producing them.

on the other hand, we do offer some nice 408 SB's, and we do have some trans sources. I'm sure there are enough shorty headers on the market to get an LA in there pretty easy. Also mini-starters save a bunch of room, and they bolt to the trans on a Mopar...so shouldn't pose much firewall issue if any. Of course as you noted, easier said than done! I just mess with Tony since he knows I'm a mopar guy also! lol

-Johnny @ Blueprint.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BluePrintEngines View Post
    The gen III hemi block mounts are extremely close to an LS, reaming the holes on the LS plates is usually enough to get them to fit.
    I just mess with Tony since he knows I'm a mopar guy also! lol
    -Johnny @ Blueprint.
    NOW you tell me about the LS mounts , I made my own because I'm a Mopar guy too. This stroker 7L Hemi is going in my 33
    426 1 (3).JPG
    6pack33close.JPG
    Dale

Ol Skool
    Post Thanks / Like
    Unfortunately I don't have a good picture of the significance of the left side starter issue. If you are trying to keep the engine set back AND the oil pan off the tarmac AND run a manual
    Mopar you lose a little room for the right foot. Don't even bother with the mechanical clutch arm. Pic is 143 tooth truck bell.
    143bell (361x640).jpg
    BTW Dale, real hemis don't need their name on the valve cover to know they're a Hemi, even if they are a baby Hemi

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by myjones View Post
    NOW you tell me about the LS mounts , I made my own because I'm a Mopar guy too. This stroker 7L Hemi is going in my 33
    426 1 (3).JPG
    6pack33close.JPG
    Dale
    little something i learned in my 5.7 hemi builds in the past. I can't speak for FFR's specific mounts, but on something like a dyno engine mount plate, the 4 bolt holes on the side of the block are maybe 1/8 difference in center to center spacing with the LS. Headers tube position is also very close, not unheard of to hack the flanges off a LS header and weld a GenIII hemi flange on.
    Last edited by BluePrintEngines; 01-09-2018 at 10:26 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Can't help but thinking that this truck needs a 3-4" chop. It just the rebel in me.

Ol Skool
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by flynntuna View Post
    Can't help but thinking that this truck needs a 3-4" chop. It just the rebel in me.
    Scary, I was thinking that too, but I'll go with the Humpback panel version just to get room for a 70's style van mural, Maybe in avocado gold with a puke green pinstripe. Hmmm... If I flare the panel body out I can hide bigger tires. If I could just find that old Vista Cruiser skylight...

Post Thanks / Like
    Scary, I was thinking that too, but I'll go with the Humpback panel version just to get room for a 70's style van mural, Maybe in avocado gold with a puke green pinstripe. Hmmm... If I flare the panel body out I can hide bigger tires. If I could just find that old Vista Cruiser skylight...
    The more I look at the FFR pictures, 1 to 1.5" would help. 3-4" chop would be radical, but would look very cool! Would have to really squat down to not hit the roof....rofl

erlihemi I already have a panel (not the one already posted) and a humpback version started for the 33, sure it wouldn't be hard to convert to the '35 truck. The Design doesn't have double doors, instead it has a hatch and tailgate to sit on.

David

Post Thanks / Like
    EH
    Now you're just poking fun at the slow kid I did have a 62 econoline with mushroom windows and green shag carpet inside back in the 70's
    David
    Good to see you back on here and chop away, @5'6" I seldom hit my head on anything.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by myjones View Post
    EH
    Now you're just poking fun at the slow kid I did have a 62 econoline with mushroom windows and green shag carpet inside back in the 70's
    David
    Good to see you back on here and chop away, @5'6" I seldom hit my head on anything.
    "green shag carpet"......now that brings back some funny memories........lol

Thanks Dale 5'6" I would have thought from that one picture you sent me a long time ago with you in it you looked at least my height, 5'9". Oh btw, I have a new set of crayons......lol

David

Post Thanks / Like
    Anybody have a side pic of the frame ? without the body on it ?
    picking my 35 up this week !

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Factory Five just released a pic of their new '35 Shop Truck:

FFR 5369 Pin Drive, IRS, Trigos, Torsen, Wilwoods, FMS BOSS 302 "B" cam , Mass-flo. CA SB100 (SPCN) Registered
    Delivered 4/23/06. "Finished" 4/2012 (still not done!)

35. Likes TDSapp, Cobradavid, theidlemind liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    David, we need a like button.
    CVOBill
    MK2 #???? Delivered 11/2002, Finished and Titled 6/2003 5.0, T-5, 4-Link, Sold 3/2005
    Hot Rod #304 purchased 5/28/2017 from original owner Unassembled . Titled and plated 8/24/2017 Coyote,
    TKO, 3-Link, Heat, A/C, Electric Power Steering, Convertible top
    MK4 #9524 Picked up 1/18/19 306 Blueprint, T-5, 4-Link, Gas-N Pipes, Heater

Swapping out hot wheels:) ironman16nc's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Is there a windshield wiper kit for the 35 Truck?
    I have my order in...looking forward to Oct delivery!
    2019 Nov: '35 Hot-rod Truck, 306, EFI, 3-link (current build...the next possible 'keeper'!)
    2015 Mar: MK4 Complete kit #8617, 302 create, carb, 3-link (still wasn't the 'keeper car' LOL)
    2014 Sep: MKII Kit #4215, 302 create, carb, IRS, Sold as roller (wasn't the 'keeper car')
    2011 Mar: MK3 Base Kit #5400, 4.6L Fuel Injection, Complete! (well, just about)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ironman16nc View Post
    Is there a windshield wiper kit for the 35 Truck?
    I have my order in...looking forward to Oct delivery!
    Not yet. Not sure if it will be offered. Most 33 HR guys do their own wiper deal.

39. Thanks ironman16nc thanked for this post