Very Cool Parts

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Interior Room?

Post Thanks / Like

Interior Room?

Ladies and Gentleman,

I put up a question on the regional forums about the physical size of these cars to see if anyone was near me that I could visit and “try a FF on” so to speak. My Father is a decent sized man at just over 6ft tall and 330lbs. We’re looking for a project to build together, I prefer the coupe, my Father the roadster. With all the revisions in the Gen 3 coupe it might win out.

You folks that have the new Gen 3 cars, how do you find their interior room? How about the other revisions, can you drive a Gen 3 car in the summer now, does the AC keep the car in any way cool?

Thank you for any help.

Post Thanks / Like
    There is enough room with the right seats but the door sill is high so getting in is a little tight. I am still building and I do have the seats mounted to test fit. I have the Kirkey high backs, I am a fit 60 year old 5 - 10 175 lbs so I can get in easily.
    Big guys will not fit in the Kirkey seats
    I would go for the roadster it is much easier to get into, with the right seats and a removable steering wheel your dad will fit. None of these cars are like a modern car for access.
    hope this helps
    David W

PLATNUM Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Having built and owned both I agree the MK4 is the better choice. The Coupe is a little tight getting in and out for someone your fathers size. The roadster could be tight also. I am 6'3" about 235lbs and had to modify the MK4 doors for me to fit good. The 33 would work the best for both of you IMO. See if there are any cars in your area to see and sit in before you make a decision. Good luck and enjoy the dream.

Post Thanks / Like
    You might want to include your location in your signature line.
    FFR MkII, 408W, Tremec TKO 500, 2015 IRS, DA QA1s, Forte front bar, APE hardtop.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CraigS View Post
    You might want to include your location in your signature line.
    Think you need like 20 posts before you can do that.
    MK4 #8900 - complete kit - Coyote, TKO600, IRS - Delivered 6/28/16 First Start 10/6/16 Go cart - 10/16/16 Build completed - 4/26/17 - 302 days to build my 302 CI Coyote Cobra - Registered and street legal 5/17/17
    Build Thread http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...e-build-thread
    PHIL 4:13 INSTAGRAM - @scottsrides